By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Gen-over-Gen Titanfall Comparison (Hint: Titanfall Wins)

I wonder how much word of mouth will carry this game. I myself know 3-4 people who didn't have an Xbox One who went out and bought it just because of word of mouth. Might add a ton of longevity to the game. I think they released it at the perfect time, right as people are tiring of CoD rehash and are sick of getting glitched out of Battlefield games.

Around the Network
J_Allard said:
I wonder how much word of mouth will carry this game. I myself know 3-4 people who didn't have an Xbox One who went out and bought it just because of word of mouth. Might add a ton of longevity to the game. I think they released it at the perfect time, right as people are tiring of CoD rehash and are sick of getting glitched out of Battlefield games.

The 360 version is also a wild card for those 7th gen vets. Myself and 5 co-workers planning on getting it at launch due to word of mouth.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

shikamaru317 said:
Trunkin said:
700k is impressive. When you add in PC, 360, and digital sales, it may just reach my predicted 1mil first week sales. :)

Xbox One is 700k from just US and UK, the rest of Europe should be at least another 100k, and Australia+New Zealand+Brazil (part of the Rest of the World category on VGchartz) should account for another 50k. So that's 850k+ physical for the Xbox One, with digital included Xbox One should be close to 1m week one by itself. With PC physical + digital and 360 physical + digital included, I'd guess week one to be in the range of 1.5-1.8m. 

:O Huge! Hopefully it can sustain these sales for a few more weeks. It might be about time for COD to pack its bags and move out.

Added Titanfalls global week 1 numbers. Simply amazing!

Now let's see if X1 can outsell 360's hardware March 2006 sales.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles.