By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Major Nelson: XBO Marketplace Deals (Thief and Tomb Raider 50% Off)

poklane said:
Thief (and Tomb Raider) already 50% off? Ouch!

Thief cause yeah, it bombed on meta. Tomb Raider has next gen sales giving profit and the 360 version has been a free game with 360 purchase since November.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network

Meh... This week sucks. Thief on Xbone, maybe... But most likely No

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

Seems like it is not a Microsoft deal and more like a Publisher deal... TR and Thief is 50% off on PSN too.

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/games/tomb-raider-definitive-edition/cid=UP0082-CUSA00107_00-000000TOMBRAIDER
https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/games/thief/cid=UP0082-CUSA00252_00-B000000000000261

The sales could be really bad in both plataforms.

ktay95 said:
thx1139 said:
Benefit of digital purchasing

the downside being it takes hours to download, it takes up all of my downloads for the month and the prices even after a cut are still more expensive than a physical copy in the stores... well at least thats how it is in Australia =(

I started a download while I was at work and by the time I got home it was done.  Really the time it takes is so inconsequential it is a silly argument.  Most people I know prior to download purchase from Amazon.  So that was 1 to 2 days anyway.  

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

Whilst I second what has already been said about prices and downloading in Australia, it is definitely time to jump on Bioshock Infinite DLC.

I still havent played Tomb Raider, so maybe I will grab it for X1 now.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

Thief and Tomb Raider have the same sale on PSN also.

thx1139 said:
ktay95 said:
thx1139 said:

the downside being it takes hours to download, it takes up all of my downloads for the month and the prices even after a cut are still more expensive than a physical copy in the stores... well at least thats how it is in Australia =(

I started a download while I was at work and by the time I got home it was done.  Really the time it takes is so inconsequential it is a silly argument.  Most people I know prior to download purchase from Amazon.  So that was 1 to 2 days anyway.  

Is that a setting?  That is what I used to do with my x360, but with my X1 I get home and it shows everythign I bought as 'ready to donwload' or something like that.  I want it to be done when I get home.

zultar said:
thx1139 said:
ktay95 said:
thx1139 said:

Is that a setting?  That is what I used to do with my x360, but with my X1 I get home and it shows everythign I bought as 'ready to donwload' or something like that.  I want it to be done when I get home.

I dont recall changing a setting with regard to allow background downloads. I simply sign in to Xbox.Com from work, purchase the game and it downloads in the background.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.