By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Layoffs at Evolution Studios, Guerrilla Cambridge & SCE London Studio

sales2099 said:
RolStoppable said:
sales2099 said:
Why? PS brand is on the rise.....and they are downsizing? wtf Sony.

Sony games don't sell well on Sony systems.

Naturally, unless they are Naughty Dog or Poliphany offcourse

Or SSM...Or Media Molecule...and It's spelled Polyphony.

Around the Network
Dark_Feanor said:
EB1994 said:
Dark_Feanor said:
Lionhead is hiring...

http://www.lionhead.com/careers/permanent/

What the hell does this have to do with the thread? It's not like Lionhead is the only one hiring...Other Sony studios are hiring such as Naughty Dog.

Does ND has a studio in UK?

Just asking.

You want UK studios? Media Molecule. And it's "have" not has.

EB1994 said:
sales2099 said:
RolStoppable said:
sales2099 said:

Have you seen the latest GOW sales or LBP karting/LBP Vita sales? Certainly not on the same level as the 2 devs I mentioned.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:
EB1994 said:
sales2099 said:
RolStoppable said:
sales2099 said:

Have you seen the latest GOW sales or LBP karting/LBP Vita sales? Certainly not on the same level as the 2 devs I mentioned.

Yeah like 3 million GoW Ascension. Also, Media Molecule didn't make Karting/Vita versions of LBP. Good try though.

EB1994 said:
sales2099 said:

Yeah like 3 million GoW Ascension. Also, Media Molecule didn't make Karting/Vita versions of LBP. Good try though.

So ya......doesn't change my stance that they don't bring in PD or ND sales, likewise on the try.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network

Laystation.

sales2099 said:
EB1994 said:
sales2099 said:

So ya......doesn't change my stance that they don't bring in PD or ND sales, likewise on the try.

What lol? Yes it does, as I said Media Molecule brings in high sales, not the LBP franchise. When it isn't developed by Media Molecule it's not as heavily advertised. If you wanna go there, then the competitor only has one studio that brings the dough.

EB1994 said:
sales2099 said:

What lol? Yes it does, as I said Media Molecule brings in high sales, not the LBP franchise. When it isn't developed by Media Molecule it's not as heavily advertised. If you wanna go there, then the competitor only has one studio that brings the dough.

You mean 2, since Gears IP outsold the Uncharted IP last gen and belongs to MS now. Forza for 360 did 4+ million per mainline game, so id say they are on the same level as MM.

sales2099 said:
EB1994 said:
sales2099 said:

You mean 2, since Gears IP outsold the Uncharted IP last gen and belongs to MS now. Forza for 360 did 4+ million per mainline game, so id say they are on the same level as MM.

But you said MM doesn't count? And it seems like Forza is on the decline, just look at Forza 5.

Gears sold when it was owned and developed by Epic games. Now it has a new owner AND a new developer. Too early to call whether it will be on the same level of success of last gen.

Plus, God of War has outsold Gears of War series so SSM DOES count as a big studio for Sony. inb4 HD remakes?

RolStoppable said:
sales2099 said:
EB1994 said:

Why are you so unprepared?

That was the point where you had to bring up Tearaway, you amateur.

Oh snap....that would have sounded much better if I used that instead lol.