By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Gears of War 2 dated: November 2008

Darc Requiem said:
Machina-AX said:
November? Won't that be a bit of a stretch?

Shame it's 360 exclusive, I would love to have this game for my PS3.

Why would you think it would be on anything but 360 and PC. Its already known that MS has exclusivity on the at least the first two games in the franchise. I wouldn't be suprised if they haven't looked up even more titles with GoW franchise after the first games sales.

In case your not aware Microsoft owns the Gears of War property it won't be making on any console but xbox, its not like an exclusive deal with epic.

Around the Network

Thats amazing. And 100 locust running around on screen? Even if that gets torn down to 50 in-game it'll be excellent. Cliffy said that environments will be destructible. They shot a torque bow at a wooden fence and it blew to bits.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

too be honest, the game wasn't 1/2 of what I was expecting.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

rukusa said:
Bagaren85 said:
How can people think that Resistence can stand up agains Gears of War.
A runner up to a mediocre fps. Well, its not impossible, but lol.

The fuck?. Oh hell Im so fucking close to taking on this troll bait.

lol, I know what you mean.  Regardless of personal preferences or the variations in genre between these two games, they are in direct competition with one another IMO.

I think it will come down to which one can bring something new to the table in the online environment.  We know what Resistance is doing, but I would be super pissed if Gears didn't expand their horizons by adding some online modes that don't last 30 seconds, and are incredibly exploitable.

Either way, it's good to know that Microsoft is working on getting this out this year to contend their NA market. 

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

ultraslick said:
rukusa said:
Bagaren85 said:
How can people think that Resistence can stand up agains Gears of War.
A runner up to a mediocre fps. Well, its not impossible, but lol.

The fuck?. Oh hell Im so fucking close to taking on this troll bait.

lol, I know what you mean. Regardless of personal preferences or the variations in genre between these two games, they are in direct competition with one another IMO.

I think it will come down to which one can bring something new to the table in the online environment. We know what Resistance is doing, but I would be super pissed if Gears didn't expand their horizons by adding some online modes that don't last 30 seconds, and are incredibly exploitable.

Either way, it's good to know that Microsoft is working on getting this out this year to contend their NA market.

Believe it or not, I've played Gears as well as Resistance, and enjoyed Resistance much more. I'm not saying Gears was bad, I liked that too, I just prefer Resistance. Heck, I even prefer Resistance to the Halo series, and yes I've played those too, I have about 5 friends who are beyond obsessed with Halo. Maybe its just because I only got into FPS because of Resistance...

Around the Network

^Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but you have to realize that you're in a staggering minority for liking R:FoM over H3 or GeoW.

Personally, I think R:FoM was a bland game with tons of potential that just wasn't utilized properly. The setting could have been BioShock-esque in its greatness but instead, it fell flat with rather uninspiring enemies and settings.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

rocketpig said:
^Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but you have to realize that you're in a staggering minority for liking R:FoM over H3 or GeoW.

Personally, I think R:FoM was a bland game with tons of potential that just wasn't utilized properly. The setting could have been BioShock-esque in its greatness but instead, it fell flat with rather uninspiring enemies and settings.

Yeah, I know, but I still like it more. Maybe I need to spend more time with the other two, I've spent (at least) double the time on R:FoM that I have on Gears and the Halo series.

Gears was great, Resistance was solid but not great (My opinion only)...

And yes, I have played them both...

I can't wait for Gears 2... Funny how Sony fanboys are all of a sudden on the multi-player bandwagon. Before the multi-player stuff started hitting the PS3, a lot of Sony fanboys were "Why would you play online?"... (Just an observation).

coolestguyever said:
I know I'm probably the only one, and I'll probably get ridiculed for saying this but...I don't like Gears of War. I played it at my friends before I had 360 and I currently am renting it. I just don't like it like i like games such as R6V and CoD4.

I will rent GeOW2, but I won't hold my breath.

Meh, people have their own tastes.  There's a difference between not liking a game but still respecting it's still a good game and just assuming a game is bad because you don't like it.

I personally didn't like Gears the first time I tried it either.  It just felt really slow and sluggish and I wasn't a fan of the controls.  A few months later I made myself try it again (since I actually bought it) and made myself get through the first few encounters and I loved it after that.

Of course I went through something similar with RE4.  I hated it the first few times I played it because I couldn't get past the village.  It wasn't until I tried it on the Wii and I actually thought about how to get past the encounter did I start loving the game.

Do you think Gears of War 2 will be released simultaneously worldwide?