By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Dirty Disc Error @GDC

Uh oh.. Microsoft has done it again.

The 2nd biggest failure on 360s, the drive.

http://kotaku.com/358646/xbox-360-s-up-at-gdc-part-ii-of-many 

Around the Network

Yeah I just read it on Kotaku XD.

^^'' Oh man GDC is hurting their imago..

don't worry, it will only be matter of DAYS before the Coffin arrives. and just matter of WEEKS before they will get their refurbished xbox again.

BE PATIENT, DAMNIT!!!

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

I still think they should have rigged some ultimate 360 consoles >_>; at least for presentations sake xD

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

Hey king of wale.... 2 out of 30 failed now. 6% and climbing.

Around the Network

I get this error on my Xbox from time to time, but it's always been due to the actual game, not the Xbox. The first time it happened was over a year ago - still no RROD (knocking on wood).

PooperScooper said:
Hey king of wale.... 2 out of 30 failed now. 6% and climbing.

For a 2 day period.  Extrapolate it to 30 days and 30 out of 30 xbox 360s will have failed which is a 100% failure rate for a single month!

Sure, that's silly.  As silly as your statement. Why be an apologist for the lowest quality hardware ever released into the home console market and one of the lowest quality pieces of electronics ever?

PS3 sales increase 10% due to Blu-ray victory

360 sales drop 20% over GDC console failures.

Wii becomes a religion

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

The disc is unreadable error doesn't necessarily mean the console was exhibiting a failure. The disc might actually be bad.

I've had this problem with my Oblivion disc on occasion, but my other 19 360 games don't seem to have the issue. I wonder what might cause one disc (that isn't scratched by the way) to sometimes fail, but the others seem fine. Weird.

Yes because these developers dont know how to take care of their discs. They also didn't catch it when they first put the disc in and just left it saying that. Im sure. More like the DVD drive scratched the disc to hell.