By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - This is How Third Party Wii Developers Should Think.

This really describes how third party developers should look at the Wii, and change much of what they currently do.

This came straight out of issue 225 of Nintendo Power. It is a section of the interview with BioWare’s co founders, Ray Muzyka, and Greg Zeschuk about their partner ship on a new Sega game.

© Copyright; Nintendo Power 2008

“…While we haven’t announced anything on that front (Wii) yet, we are very exited about the platform. The only thing we wouldn’t do is we wouldn’t take one of our games and port it in a way that’s not appropriate and customized for the platform. That’s not what BioWare’s about. We take a property and think, “What would be great to do with this property? What would be exciting? What’s appropriate for game play? How can we take it further and combine it with what BioWare’s known for? And then combine that in turn with the platform your working on. How do make sure that the audience is getting what they need? We think about all those things…”

© Copyright; Nintendo Power 2008

Why couldn't all third party's think like this? Your Thoughts?

Guitar Hero 3/ Smash Hits
Around the Network

That's much better than

1. Let's add motion controls to muck up an existing game.
2. Let's make a new IP that's cute but with lousy controls.
3. Let's rush out something quick that has no depth to make money.

Mike from Morgantown

PS -- What's EA's policy among those listed above?

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

The answer? Put Kotor 3 on Wii and give it motion lightsaber controls!

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

well my first thought was that "i hope there actually talking bout the PS3 since they dint actually say what they were talking bout :P"

the second thought was "good for the Wii" i would really love to see another deep and complex game for it. maybie it will actually push me to buy one O_o. cause right now i only see 2 games that apeal to me SSBB (obveoustly) and no more heroes.

Obviously no one wants their console to get just ports, but I certainly wouldn't mind more of the 360/PS3 multiplats landing on the Wii as well.