By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Portal: What is your favourite part?

So i just finished Portal and its awesome. Just love it.

But what was the funniest part of the game? What was the most coolest part? And best gameplay part.

Funniest: Portal Song: Still Alive, and you will get cake.

Coolest: 'The cake is a lie' room. Reminds me of a good old thriller.

Gameplay: Room 18, really difficult but awesome, and the escape is awesome as well.

What do you think of this game?

PSN ID: clemens-nl                                                                                                                

Around the Network

my favourite part is where Valve gave the porting of the game to EA.

jokes aside, I skipped the game, *sighs*

Carry on people! *bump*

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
kingofwale said:

Carry on people! *bump*

LOL.

But Portal worked perfect on my PS3

Kratos said:
kingofwale said:

Carry on people! *bump*

LOL.

But Portal worked perfect on my PS3

Well, I'm also not a huge FPS fan, I would've gotten it JUST for Portal alone, but EA ruined me. like always. ;)

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

Yeah its pretty lame of valve to shove the port onto EA London. Because that ruined it a bit. But I heard they were thinking about making a patch. A rumor but very possible. Anywho, i only had one slowdown in Half-life 2 for just a couple of seconds. Still haven't played episode one and two, and team fortress 2.

Around the Network

Really, I loved everything about the game. But the part I enjoyed most about Portal? I suppose it was during the latter half of the game, when I got to wander around the disused back areas of the facility, while GlaDOS desperately tried to get me to return to the testing area. That whole sequence was quite fun, and I hope that (if they release episodic Portal content) they'll expand on the whole concept of non-testchamber environs to portal about in.

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

I hope GlaDOS comes back, i felt bad about killing it :( It was saaaaad :(
I also love: You will never succeed in this chamber, it is impossible.
And when you do succeed: You succeeded in this chamber because of a positive enviroment. Damn you GlaDOS!

Yeah the whole escape with GlaDOS trying to trick you into thinking it was all a joke and she was on your side and slowly starting to mock you about how you are going the wrong way and will die.

Actually I wasn't a big fan of the final "battle" where you have to throw the separate pieces in the incinerator.

Kratos said:
I hope GlaDOS comes back, i felt bad about killing it :( It was saaaaad :(

Sorry for the double post...

Didn't you listen to the song over the credits?  "And believe me I am still alive......"

^Thats true :P

But the song did say i killed her or it. But I guess there are multiple eyes or something.