By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - New Killzone 2 Screens out of GDC.

Mummelmann said:
No matter how it plays in the end, no one can seriously deny that it looks fricking gorgeous.

^Crysis and Oblivion are the two most overrated games on the globe as far as visuals go (yes, I've played both). I'm much more hyped for Far Cry 2 now, at least the first one was good. I played through roughly half of Crysis, then unistalled it and have never since played it... Letdown of the year in 2007 for me.

Well yeah, maybe I should've added that as far as actual games go, Crysis is very forgettable for me. Undeniably though it is the most visually advanced game we have ever seen as of yet. Speaking on technical and visual terms, Killzone 2 doesn't better it at all.

Around the Network

What the fuck... they're all old dude. Nothing to see here.

Nintendo & Sony supporter:

Consoles: Wii & PS3.

Yeah, they look like screenshots that you can take from the Trailer you can download of the PSN.

I hate still shots (thanks for adding them though), but I can not wait for this awesome title! I can't wait for a gameplay footage video!

Mummelmann said:
No matter how it plays in the end, no one can seriously deny that it looks fricking gorgeous.

^Crysis and Oblivion are the two most overrated games on the globe as far as visuals go (yes, I've played both). I'm much more hyped for Far Cry 2 now, at least the first one was good. I played through roughly half of Crysis, then unistalled it and have never since played it... Letdown of the year in 2007 for me.

Are you kidding? Unless Far Cry 2 is leagues better than the first one, there is no way I would bother picking it up. Oh my god, I thought it was a good deal getting the first one for $20... I was so wrong and I was met with such a mediocre experience all around (except for the graphics and 2 kilometer draw distance).

Around the Network

The first screen looks like it was made in photoshop by someone who just learned how to use layers.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

Mummelmann said:

goes to show that graphics aren't nearly everything.. the best looking game made to date (and any game at its current state of development that we've seen) was a letdown of the year for you