By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Devil May cry: Over 2 Million Copies shipped

@Diomedes1976 : it didnt SELL, it SHIPPED 2 milions...

Try Rage Of Bahamut ! Free trading card and RPG game on ITunes / Android. Use Code : Laa49998 

And get free  rare card.  Enjoy !

Around the Network

>Well, is it that much for a game realeased on 2 platforms and worldwide ?

any game to ship 2 million within first month is HUGE. In fact, being a million seller is huge for most games. DMC isn't an AAA game, but it's at least a good game. so Capcom deserves it (Wow, I can't believe I am saying this)

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
XiaoMay said:

It did sel 2 milion units. Capcom is reporting what they have sold to retail. These numbers are how Capcom makes their money, so it should be looked at as Capcom selling 2m units. Although I don't believe it to be accurate, it's estimated that developers need to sell 500k units to break even. Even if that's true, Capcom has sold 5x times that amount. Capcom has to be happy with their profits recieved from this game; it paints a pretty picture for the future 360/PS3 games like Resident Evil 5. Regardless of VGchartz numbers Capcom has done well with this game, and I'm happy for them.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Riot Of The Blood said:
XiaoMay said:

It did sel 2 milion units. Capcom is reporting what they have sold to retail. These numbers are how Capcom makes their money, so it should be looked at as Capcom selling 2m units. Although I don't believe it to be accurate, it's estimated that developers need to sell 500k units to break even. Even if that's true, Capcom has sold 5x times that amount. Capcom has to be happy with their profits recieved from this game; it paints a pretty picture for the future 360/PS3 games like Resident Evil 5. Regardless of VGchartz numbers Capcom has done well with this game, and I'm happy for them.

Capcom themselve used the word shipped. :)