By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - LOOK AT THIS LINK!! VGCHARTZ IS EXPLODING

Faxanadu said:
vgcharts is not taken. all it does is give you eye cancer.
I don't quite get the joke.

Around the Network
TWRoO said:
Faxanadu said:
vgcharts is not taken. all it does is give you eye cancer.
I don't quite get the joke.

visit vgcharts.com. look at the site. then you get eye cancer. 

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

ah. ok.

www(dot)vgcharts(dot)com is a fugly site.

cool48 said:
konnichiwa said:
Well I told ioi that the NPD January numbers will make people hate VGCHARTZ and call it unreliable;.

Are our numbers really that far off?

Nah it is more symbolic I guess.

Check GT bonus rounds, GT episodes and you saw vids about Analysts/Game publishers always say the same:

""PS3 will not sell out X360 one month this year in NA""....  And then you get the NPD numbers where PS3 outsold X360 in the first month of the year;..

Around the Network

We do need to get rid of that "Z" some how.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

^ Why? I like the Z somehow :s;

DMeisterJ said:
I think that the "z" is going to be the death of this site.
I don't think that anyone can take us seriously, with a site that is spelled with a "z". Any kind of name change, that's actually spelled right would increase our seriousness tenfold, but that "z" will keep us in the minor leagues.

The Z doesn't help but I think there are lots of more important factors.

1. The ads have started to get more professional lately but the smiley and "no joke, you've won an Audi" ads make the site look like a joke. Whatever revenue they're making is not worth the damage to the site's fragile reputation.

2. Too much data is missing. Until every current gen game is up to date the site has no chance of being taken seriously. In all honesty the back catalogue should be done too.

3. Shipped to retailer numbers need to be shown alongside sold to customer numbers. Trying to explain that VG Chartz tracks sold to customers just doesn't seem to be working.

4. The look of the site is very unprofessional. I can't put my finger on exactly what it is but when you line VG Chartz's front page up against sites like IGN, Gamespot, CVG, etc it just doesn't compare. 

why can't we pull a media create and have the domain vg-charts.com?

That doesn't exist yet? And m-create is taken seriously with the dash there, and we can still display our name as VG Charts, and look good.

DMeisterJ said:
why can't we pull a media create and have the domain vg-charts.com?

That doesn't exist yet? And m-create is taken seriously with the dash there, and we can still display our name as VG Charts, and look good.

Hmmm, yeah that works... and it doesn't seem to exist, but how difficult and expensive is it to change the name.