By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The industry wanted Wii to fail

Analyst made prediction based on the history data, which clearly shows that Nintendo console sales numbers was declining every generation from NES to GC. They used extrapolation to come up with Wii numbers - 62(SNES),49(NES),33(N64),22(GC).
Analyst that comes up thinking Wii would be no1 at that time will probably get fired or labeled idiot, because they are no basis for that assumption. There is really no reason to bash them now, because they were just doing their job with the available data.

If I were a publisher/developer, I would work on a quality Wii titles. That is something 3rd parties failed to deliver on Wii. This immediately made my games stand out from the crowds, and definitely will sell well considering Wii consumers bought more games than X360 or PS3 (IMO tie ratio is bullshit, what matters is no of software sold)

Around the Network
breadie2 said:
Analyst made prediction based on the history data, which clearly shows that Nintendo console sales numbers was declining every generation from NES to GC. They used extrapolation to come up with Wii numbers - 62(SNES),49(NES),33(N64),22(GC).
Analyst that comes up thinking Wii would be no1 at that time will probably get fired or labeled idiot, because they are no basis for that assumption. There is really no reason to bash them now, because they were just doing their job with the available data.

If I were a publisher/developer, I would work on a quality Wii titles. That is something 3rd parties failed to deliver on Wii. This immediately made my games stand out from the crowds, and definitely will sell well considering Wii consumers bought more games than X360 or PS3 (IMO tie ratio is bullshit, what matters is no of software sold)

Not exactly true, there were not many anylists who though nintendo would succeed, but one or 2 did.

here try this link

http://www.wii-volution.com/game-news/mario-will-never-start-killing-hookers.html

“The Wii will likely dominate,” he began. “In Japan, publishers like Konami are even more bullish. ‘I would use the dominance of the DS in Japan to predict the future for Wii, since the vision for Wii is similar,’ says Michihiro Ishizuka, president of the company's game division. Okasan Securities analyst Masashi Morita believes that in addition to capturing nongamers, Nintendo can even win back some of its lapsed fans with the Wii's built-in support for the company's vast library of classics.” 

Truth is there was enough data out there  to prove the wii would be succesfull

@PSrocks

I think it best you try the wii and see for  yourself, do not let the words of other people clouid your judgement in trying new things, for all you know it may be a missing jigsaw in your gaming tatse or it may not. A lot of hardcore gamers are put of by the prospect of casual games thus are put of by the sytem, but casual does not mean trash as wii sports will prove. But also try the well made games, the games that deserve to sell. You have nothing to loose and everyting to gain, if you try and you don't like it, then you have lost nothing, but if you do like it, then you have the potential to just add something new to entertain you and make you happy.

Great games have never been about graphics, it always the experience that shines, thats not to say that good graphics aint good, but as has been stated many times b4 a game with great gameplay and rubish graphics is still a good game where as a game with crap gameplay and great graphics is a shit game, but we do have a better balance with great gameplay and great graphics

Nintendo & Sony Supporter

Currently own- DS, PSP, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, PS3 DreamCast.

Man i have too many consoles..... 

Quotes to live by!

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing"- Helen Keller

"i am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward"-Thomas Edison

"Man is not the creature of circumstancesCircumstances are the creatures of men"