By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - American sales - WOW

Well the January numbers were fixed ...sort of .The PS3 only received a 50K boost when it was undertracked by 69K+canadian sales .And the 360 didnt receive a cut at all .Same with Wii .

Good week for Sony all the same .And right now at GDC they are announcing Accomplishements and in-game XMB (united friends lists etc ) I have seen some screens in another webpage .They have even made shirts about it .

Around the Network

@ pooperscooper

LOL. I think so.

@Final-Fan You said he insulted me because of what I said, I didnt say you insulted me.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Wow so ioi is finally changing his numbers like they of NPD?

Building stock for SSBB. Or maybe we'll se huge sales in Japan

Isto o que vale é que como se fala inglês, ninguém percebe um cú do que ando aqui a escrever e portanto não me podem acusar de andar a dizer asneiras. HAHA

Around the Network
trestres said:
@Final-Fan You said he insulted me because of what I said, I didnt say you insulted me.
trestres said:
@Final fan, theres no need to insult another person when you dont agree with him/her, I thought you knew this, you gotta control yourself
That sounds an awful lot like you are accusing ME of doing it. If you meant to speak rhetorically of others (implying the one who DID insult you) I hope you understand why your words would be interpreted otherwise.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

@Final-Fan English is not my first language, my bad ;/

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Look, is there someone who thinks the Wii goes from selling 100k+ a week to 40k because of sudden, catastrophic loss of demand? Come on guys.

I try to keep all my work information subdued now, but things are exactly as they have always been in regards to the Wii. There are still lines in the morning. They still sell out instantly. Nothing has changed about demand, this is a supply issue. 

The real story, once again, is the PS3's rise; it has really taken off here in the early months of the year, and bodes well for the much discussed PS3 surge this year. Great start!  

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

DMeisterJ said:
supermario128 said:

Wow, you are so wrong its kinda funny. Brawl hype here is like as big as Halo's was. Nintendo has to be stockpiling Wii's for Brawl's launch.

Okay. If that's what everyone wants to say.

This was the exact excuse used a few weeks ago when numbers weren't that great in different regions and it was "Nintendo is diverting to Japan for Brawl release", and "nintendo is stockpiling", and when the numbers came (and disappointed), everyone wanted to take back what they said. Now I'm not saying it's gonna happen again, but if it does, prepare to eat crow.

I would actually go out on a limb and say they aren't stockpiling any more than they have been the last few weeks. If you start at the beginning of the year, Wii sales have increased from 200k WW to over 400k WW, so I think they are stockpiling, but each week they are sending out similar numbers, it's just those shipments don't always get to where they are going fast enough, as this is the case, unless Japan has a huge spike, this will be the first week that the Wii decreases WW.

DMeisterJ said:
supermario128 said:
DMeisterJ said:
OMFGWTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sony Domination begins NOW! B3h0lD +h3 p0w3R 0f +eh C311!

No but seriously, let's not use the Nintendo is stockpiling excuse because Brawl is about to come out. Let's not forget what happened the week that SSBB came out in Japan after everyone said they were stockpiling, and they only raised a little in respect to the week before.

What's happeneing is obvious. Nintendo can not be producing 1.8 mil/month. It can't be happening. Because the Wii has yet to sell 1.8 million every month. I don't know where all the supposed Wii's are, but they can't be stockpiling, not when brawl just came out in Japan.

Let's try finding a new excuse.

In other news: Good for PS3. This week will go down in history, as the week that the PS3 had outsold the Wii in america. You know, this may have something to do with Blu-Ray.
Wow, you are so wrong its kinda funny. Brawl hype here is like as big as Halo's was. Nintendo has to be stockpiling Wii's for Brawl's launch.

Okay. If that's what everyone wants to say.

This was the exact excuse used a few weeks ago when numbers weren't that great in different regions and it was "Nintendo is diverting to Japan for Brawl release", and "nintendo is stockpiling", and when the numbers came (and disappointed), everyone wanted to take back what they said. Now I'm not saying it's gonna happen again, but if it does, prepare to eat crow.

But it really doesn't matter. The fact of the matter is it doesn't matter how it happened, the PS3 outsold the Wii in America this week. The FIRST time that it's ever happened. It deserves a celebration.

Does anyone think that Blu-Ray may have had anything to do with this?

Cheers for Sony!

* raises glass of wine *