By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - American sales - WOW

@ioi

will NA software be up soon? and give us a hint about the Japan hardware numbers please :)

Around the Network
Aj_habfan said:
Stever89 said:
Wii = Fad. Confirmed (yes I went there). Again. At least for another week.

Fad joke = old. But oh well. I played the card.

What about this one?

"Well obviously PS3 won, I mean it's had two price cuts! What do you expect!?"

Ha, I match your price cut, and raise you a RRoD.

Who will win? Find out next time on... Next Gen Wars! (only available for PC)

Anyone think the ps3 is higher due to a boost over the weekend after the wal-mart announcement?

@ ioi: Ok xD I was wrong, I just thought that was a possibility, I should have added MAYBE at the beginning

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

I imagine it will be above 100k again next week (perhaps even higher) and then back down again, up again etc until Nintendo sorts it out.

Around the Network

^ In other words, when they increase production?

trestres said:
Its cause last month VGchartz ovetracked wii and undertracked PS3 so even if wii sold more this week, and PS3 less than it is shown, it is donetoadjust the numbers without having to change the previous ones.

Dude, you are so full of shit it is not funny. Ioi does not make up like that just for the sake of adjusting them. If ioi feels the need to adjust the numbers, he will do just that.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Brawl comes out in 19 days so Nintendo is stockpiling shipments, its that simple.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

The fad is indeed dying

DOATS1 said:
i don't get the logic in stockpiling. i mean, one way or another, the units are going to get sold. stocking them up for a later date won't increase sales, you're just selling something you could have sold months ago in the same fashion. i'm sorry but there is high enough demand for the wii to avoid stock piling.

Well, it's always a good idea to have an unusually robust amount of stock on shelves for massive sales events, you know. Like SSBB launch. At the same time, all of you saying these crazy numbers are due to stockpiling -- NO. It's equally retarded for Nintendo to COMPLETELY strangle current supply in the name of stockpiling. I think it pretty much has to be what ioi said: not because he said it, but because it makes by far the most sense.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom!