By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I don't think HD-DVD's official death will effect Sony much at all in the long run.

Especially not once MS gets thier Blu-Ray add-on for 360.

We'll miss you George.

PSN:Puzzleface

XBL:XpuzzlefaceX

My friends call me Hadoken because I'm down-right fierce

Around the Network
CrazzyMan said:
@Avinash_Tyagi,

what was your POINT, again? =))

My point was that PS3 and 360 demand is weak if they can't even beat Wii this week, and that indicates that GTA4/MGS4/FF13 and such aren't going to be able to give them much momentum going forward in spite of the beliefs of many

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Lol. Listen guys, like it or not there have been no reports of a PS3 shortage, but there have been plenty of reports of Wii, pro and elite shortages in the USA. It was an established fact LONG before Microsoft even commented.

What pooperscooper fails to realise when he accuses MS of lying is simple, the claims of shortages came from the gaming community LONG before they came from MS.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

I casted reflect. His magical PR will not work on me.

Just for the records. =)

PS3 did around 1.2 mln. in first 6 weeks, or 200k on average.
40 weeks witrh 200k on average = 8 mln.
Last 12 weeks PS2 sales(PS3 at 299$) - 7.5 mln.
Overall 15,5 mln. =)

Enjoy.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Around the Network
Domo-Kun said:
senseinobaka said: Home is simply an amalgamation of Animal Crossing and Second Life. The target audience is so small that I doubt it would move huge amounts of hardware. No one I know buys Wii for Mii avatars. I dont see why slapping on internet connectivity would make a console avatar more appealing.

I'm not trying to sound like an avid foaming-at-the-mouth fanboy, but I think Home has alot more to offer than people realize. That being said, it might not move consoles for that reason.

I wanted to clarify. I'm not saying Home will be a terrible product, in fact i'm looking foward to it. But I do believe that it faces inherent problems. Simply put the two games it takes inspiration from are not huge mainstream sucesses, they are kind of niche. Also I feel that home would be a compromise between Animal Crossing and Second Life. Home will not feature the game mechanics found in Animal Crossing and will not feature the community and economic development found in second life. It would be like a gimped version of both games. And this may turnoff many potential players.

Check out the VGC Crunch this Podcast and Blog at www.tsnetcast.com

Wow, I know that the ps3 has been beating the 360 in WW sales, but I never noticed it beating the 360 in america. Do you think that most people who are buying a ps3 have a 360 also? or do you think they are looking at both and saying, which one do i want more?

Avinash_Tyagi said:
CrazzyMan said:
@Avinash_Tyagi,

what was your POINT, again? =))

My point was that PS3 and 360 demand is weak if they can't even beat Wii this week, and that indicates that GTA4/MGS4/FF13 and such aren't going to be able to give them much momentum going forward in spite of the beliefs of many

there has been no game released on PS3 of that magnitude yet. Yet, you're setting this week as a precedent for the release of those games..

THat makes TOTaL sense. 

Ps3 outsold xbox360...that sure is a good thing but WTF happened with wii?

Proud owner of a Wii, a Xbox360 and a PS3 (...two PS3's...)

My main brawl characters

Now playing:

wii:Super smash bros. brawl, The Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess
ps3: Guitar hero 3,4,5. Rock Band 1,2. Resistance 2
Xbox360:Nhl2k9, Mass Effect, MW2, Halo 3.

Starcraft, what you fail to realiZe is our disbelief. Who cares who started crying wolf first. I'm not saying there aren't shortages. Please get that through your thick skull. I'm saying there is a reason they aren't telling us. Please stop coming in here defending their shortages. There is no excuse. It's their fault they are getting outsold now. Stop saying different. They can replenish and produce enough console that are getting sold. "We forgot to make enough" - doesn't work. "We couldn't meet our high demand" - doesn't work. "We projected for lower sales" - works only if they were projecting a measly 6mil this year.