By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
senseinobaka said:
I think this week will prove even more interesting for the Wii vs PS3 war.

PS3 will get a huge bump from the HD-DVD death(Finally) and all the interest generated by GDC

Wii on the other hand will get a bump from actual shipments and all the interest generated by GDC

I think we will get huge numbers, like 150,000- 200,000 each. And perhaps the PS3 will edge out the Wii. That would be historical. Worst case, Wii gets no shipments and PS3 runs away with a huge uncontested number.

Unfortunately for MS, it's looking that it's going to finish a distant 3rd by the end of the generation. Wii remains a beast in all markets, except maybe the hardest of core, and PS3 has become the HD console of choice in Japan and Europe, and now it looks like America. This ofcourse is MS' fault. They have way too many Arcades and legendary packs in the supply chain and not enough of the SKUs people want.

In 2006 I predicted a close 33% split between all 3 makers with Wii favored to win, but now it's looking more like 45/35/20 with Wii ahead FTW and 360 behind FTL.
Even if PS3 wins WW by a large margin (which I believe it will, putting a "maybe" on the "large") America will still be a hard-fought struggle. I would be very surprised if PS3 does more than tie 360 lifetime sales in the USA.

Also, I don't think that the effect of Blu-ray's victory will be that dramatic. It might add up to an awful lot over time but no huge bumps (beyond possible short spikes at key announcements like just happened).

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network
Final-Fan said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
hey if you guys want to disparage my comments as BS or damage control that's fine, go ahead and ignore how it shows the weakness of PS3 and 360 demand, and how those beliefs in HD taking over, or GTA4/MGS/FF pushing the other consoles past the Wii are ill-founded
You do realize that what you say can be 100% gospel truth and also 100% damage control, right? No one is saying what you posted earlier is BS.

Actually Auron did, but if you take it as damage control then you're ignoring the implications for PS3 and 360, which is fine if that's what you want to do, it'll just make it more humorous or me in the future when Wii is still going strong and ps3 and 360 are languishing

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

senseinobaka said: Home is simply an amalgamation of Animal Crossing and Second Life. The target audience is so small that I doubt it would move huge amounts of hardware. No one I know buys Wii for Mii avatars. I dont see why slapping on internet connectivity would make a console avatar more appealing.

I'm not trying to sound like an avid foaming-at-the-mouth fanboy, but I think Home has alot more to offer than people realize. That being said, it might not move consoles for that reason.

We'll miss you George.

PSN:Puzzleface

XBL:XpuzzlefaceX

My friends call me Hadoken because I'm down-right fierce

Avinash_Tyagi said:
hey if you guys want to disparage my comments as BS or damage control that's fine, go ahead and ignore how it shows the weakness of PS3 and 360 demand, and how those beliefs in HD taking over, or GTA4/MGS/FF pushing the other consoles past the Wii are ill-founded

LOL.  I <3 the damage control.

Don't talk about how the Wii has been outsold, instead focus on thrusting your opinion of the HD consoles on us... LOL.  You are one of a kind, and you do give Wii Fanboys a bad name.

Avinash_Tyagi said:
Final-Fan said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
You do realize that what you say can be 100% gospel truth and also 100% damage control, right? No one is saying what you posted earlier is BS.

Actually Auron did, but if you take it as damage control then you're ignoring the implications for PS3 and 360, which is fine if that's what you want to do, it'll just make it more humorous or me in the future when Wii is still going strong and ps3 and 360 are languishing

Never said yor comments in this thread are BS, things in your sig and other comments you have made are BS.  I never said anything in this thread was.

Around the Network

very surprising, Good for PS3, it's the only console without much of supply restrain of late, must give Sony props for that.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

Didn't read the whole thread, so my apologies if this has already been said.

Could Nintendo be starting to hold off on large shipments because it'll already make it's numbers for this fiscal. Similar thing happened last year. Shipments dropped prior to end of fiscal and then bumped up again.

Obviously, they won't short Brawl, but outside of that....

Gamerace said:
Didn't read the whole thread, so my apologies if this has already been said.

Could Nintendo be starting to hold off on large shipments because it'll already make it's numbers for this fiscal. Similar thing happened last year. Shipments dropped prior to end of fiscal and then bumped up again.

Obviously, they won't short Brawl, but outside of that....

Seems more probable then stockpiling for Brawl.

DMeisterJ said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:

LOL.  I <3 the damage control.

Don't talk about how the Wii has been outsold, instead focus on thrusting your opinion of the HD consoles on us... LOL.  You are one of a kind, and you do give Wii Fanboys a bad name.

I thought that they already had a bad name ?

Auron said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
Final-Fan said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:

Never said yor comments in this thread are BS, things in your sig and other comments you have made are BS.  I never said anything in this thread was.

Predictions that haven't been decided as accurate or not cannot be BS 

LOL. I <3 the damage control.

Don't talk about how the Wii has been outsold, instead focus on thrusting your opinion of the HD consoles on us... LOL. You are one of a kind, and you do give Wii Fanboys a bad name.

The Forums are for giving opinions, and what I said was not in any way inaccurate  

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)