By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - American sales - WOW

Final-Fan said:
Jandre002 said:
OOOOH I SO CALLED THIS.

I really think a price drop will hurt Microsoft more than help.
Premium @ 350 vs 40gb @ 399

is better than

Premium @250 40gb @ 299

If for no other reason, then for Blu-Ray.
(A) I disagree.
(B) I don't think Sony could match a price drop right away if MS does it very soon, so there would be a period of $250 vs. $400.
(C) $100 price drops aren't going to happen any more anyway. Ever (this gen). It'll be $50, then later (more likely much later) $50. IMO anyway.

A. Obviously

B. Well I think they could...very easily acutally. They would still have time to become profitable by the end of the year by introducing smaller blu-ray drives and 45/65 chips. Sony is in a good position especially now that Blu-ra has won so costs will go way down by years end.

C. They are going to happen. The only difference between this gen and last gen is that Microsoft started it a little premature, but the prices on components will continue to fall. $199 is mass market for consoles, and both companies want to get there as soon as possible.  

But it is just opinion your right. But Ive said all along that Sony won't be losing that much money per console, that was true. I said Sony's gaming division was acutally not losing that much money, that was true. And now I say Sony has made the right moves to hit $250-$199 by end of the year 09, and I think that will come true as well.

We shall see tho.  

Around the Network
Avinash_Tyagi said:
Wow even on a week with no shipments in NA and a drop off in others Wii still wins the WW sales, lol

o LAWD

gotta love avinash =D 

Riot Of The Blood said:
weezy said:
outlawauron said:
This is absolutely crazy! Where's CrazzyMan?!

Probably masturbating at this thread.

Are you trying to get banned, Weezy? Crazzyman isn't even in this thread, yet you're already dishing out personal attacks.

Somebody get this guy a box of tissue's

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

It'll be interesting to see if this continues when Microsoft stops selling every Pro and Elite they can ship.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Well boyz playsation is back!!

^_^

Around the Network

the funny thing is... as bad as the Wii shipments were... it is still going to be the top selling console... lolz.

ioi- if you lived in NA you would know the 360s did not sell out... everystore around me as decent stock, and I asked if they ever sell out and they said they may have gone down to 1 SKU a few times, but never sold out.

then again maybe misinterpreted your statement. And you did not mean sellout.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

___O_o______ said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
Wow even on a week with no shipments in NA and a drop off in others Wii still wins the WW sales, lol

o LAWD

gotta love avinash =D 

Did I say anything incorrect?

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Avinash_Tyagi said:
___O_o______ said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:

o LAWD

gotta love avinash =D

No, but you damage controlled your ass off. It was pretty funny, because that's what the PS3 fans are supposed to say when the 360 kicks ass in America. 

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Riot Of The Blood said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
___O_o______ said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:

o LAWD

gotta love avinash =D

No, but you damage controlled your ass off. It was pretty funny, because that's what the PS3 fans are supposed to say when the 360 kicks ass in America. 

If its true then its not damage control, its just facts

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Jandre002 said:
Final-Fan said:
Jandre002 said:
OOOOH I SO CALLED THIS.

I really think a price drop will hurt Microsoft more than help.
Premium @ 350 vs 40gb @ 399

is better than

Premium @250 40gb @ 299

If for no other reason, then for Blu-Ray.
(A) I disagree.
(B) I don't think Sony could match a price drop right away if MS does it very soon, so there would be a period of $250 vs. $400.
(C) $100 price drops aren't going to happen any more anyway. Ever (this gen). It'll be $50, then later (more likely much later) $50. IMO anyway.
A. Obviously

B. Well I think they could...very easily acutally. They would still have time to become profitable by the end of the year by introducing smaller blu-ray drives and 45/65 chips. Sony is in a good position especially now that Blu-ra has won so costs will go way down by years end.

C. They are going to happen. The only difference between this gen and last gen is that Microsoft started it a little premature, but the prices on components will continue to fall. $199 is mass market for consoles, and both companies want to get there as soon as possible.

But it is just opinion your right. But Ive said all along that Sony won't be losing that much money per console, that was true. I said Sony's gaming division was acutally not losing that much money, that was true. And now I say Sony has made the right moves to hit $250-$199 by end of the year 09, and I think that will come true as well.

We shall see tho.
(A) What I MEANT was that I disagree with your assertion that a $100 price drop would help MS more than Sony. I don't think that my point (A) merited such a snarky response since I don't mention disagreeing with the central point of your post anywhere else in my response.

(B) Yes but all that stuff is "down the road" which is why I said Sony would have trouble matching IMMEDIATE price cuts. Sure they could just reopen their gaping financial wounds while dancing in a salt shower but I'm guessing they'd be reluctant. How carefully did you really read my post?

(C) So, what does that have to do with my assertion that price drops will no longer come in C-note increments?

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom!