By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - American sales - WOW

DMeisterJ said:
routsounmanman said:

Cheers for Sony!

* raises glass of wine * 

LOL.  Too bad I can't drink... legally.

Aren't you close to Niagara Falls? Just go across the boarder and there are tons of restaurants and bars you can have fun at. When I visited Toronto 3 years ago when I was 19 I found a nice Aussie girl at a bar.

Around the Network

It beacause of the supply they sent a lot systems week before and they have nothing for this one(talking about the wii), but still PS3 has broke the streak of being outsold by wii since it was introduced and with no killer app has yet to be unleashed.

I think that everyone's understating the power of Blu-Ray. Remember that last week Best Buy, Netflix, and Walmart all went Blu-Ray exclusive. Toshiba didn't quit unil monday, but all of these announcements were made last week. I think that they may have had lots to do with this. If I'm right, the sales of the PS3 will be the same or higher next week.

I think its fantastic how the PS3 has increased in sails. Great sails in europe great sales in america and hopefully so in japan.

Nintendo & Sony Supporter

Currently own- DS, PSP, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, PS3 DreamCast.

Man i have too many consoles..... 

Quotes to live by!

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing"- Helen Keller

"i am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward"-Thomas Edison

"Man is not the creature of circumstancesCircumstances are the creatures of men"

Summaro400ex said:
heruamon said:

I'm jsut curious as to WHAT stores these people ar etalking about that 360s and Wii are not sold out at?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8008559&st=wii&type=product&id=1156203165702

Because it isn't at Amazon or Best Buy or Walmart...and you take those away and that's pretty much like the major distribution chains?

lol go back to the site. it says SOLD OUT ONLINE and it says not available in store
Yeah. Which is what he said -- the 360/Wii are not not sold out, i.e. they are sold out.

He could have put that more clearly but that is definitely what he said.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network

well i'm just gonna say my humble opinion on the numbers ... not why everything is like it is.

It's a really good week for the PS3 and i'm happy for it, and a "weak" ( weak as in defeated in USA wich is it's biggest market ) even though MS said they were having troubles with their supply ( i don't know why would that be 'cause USA is their biggest and most important market so they should care more for it, and like Japan doesn't buy it i don't know where they could be :P )

Finally ...well ... Wii is really weird ... i mean they had a couple of low weeks in USA then a HUGE one and now this, i'm not saying they are stockpilling or something ... but those HUGE weeks show that when Wii is in the market ... it sells like pizzas on a desert island ( i'm stuck with all those italian food topics :P ), so i think it's really clear that Wii is supply constrained heavily this week in USA, as to where are those Wiis ... i don't know :P.

-- Live only for tomorrow, and you will have a lot of empty yesterdays today--

Tavin:  "Old school megaman is THE BEST megaman"      courtesy of fkusumot :)

My mind has changed. My strength has not.    Kamahl, Fist of Krosa

outlawauron said:
This is absolutely crazy! Where's CrazzyMan?!

Probably masturbating at this thread.

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

DMeisterJ said:
I think that everyone's understating the power of Blu-Ray. Remember that last week Best Buy, Netflix, and Walmart all went Blu-Ray exclusive. Toshiba didn't quit unil monday, but all of these announcements were made last week. I think that they may have had lots to do with this. If I'm right, the sales of the PS3 will be the same or higher next week.
I consider this a possibility, as a ONE-TIME spike due to enthusiam. There is no way that HD-DVD's death could have such a dramatic sustained effect. I do expect it to benefit PS3 sales over time, at a slow rate of change.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

weezy said:
outlawauron said:
This is absolutely crazy! Where's CrazzyMan?!

Probably masturbating at this thread.

Are you trying to get banned, Weezy? Crazzyman isn't even in this thread, yet you're already dishing out personal attacks.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Wow even on a week with no shipments in NA and a drop off in others Wii still wins the WW sales, lol

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)