By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Jack Tretton To Step Down As President And CEO Of Sony Computer Entertainment America

lucidium said:
The dudes almost 54, perhaps he just wanted to retire in a high note (ps4 success).
Just sayin, this us the real world, would you work until the day you died if you had boatloads of cash?

Warren Buffet will.

Around the Network

Rats always jump from the sinking ship

ClassicGamingWizzz said:

Never forget:

Damn. I miss him. He was the face of ps3.

I really enjoyed all of his e3 performances. Way way way more interesting and likeable than any of the other faces of the competition.
So, I'll probably miss him this e3. Need to check out the new guy first of course.

MoHasanie said:
Somini said:
MoHasanie said:
Somini said:
MoHasanie said:

Why resign when they are doing so well? Has MS poached him for quadruple his current salary?? 

Based on what?

huh? 

Why would they offer him 4 times his salary?

Cause that's what big rich companies do. When they want an employee from a rival company, they attract them with a high salary. And MS knows that Sony won't pay him big money to keep him cause they can't afford to do that. It happens all the time in the TV business. 

So we have a topic about a man leaving his job and you're using it to troll once again about Sony being broke and your dear Microsoft having a lot of money.. I see.

Do us all a favor and leave this topic!

Around the Network

I know where Jack is landing, he just called me and said he'd mow my lawn for $20, I told him $15. j/k I always liked Jack.

Somini said:

So we have a topic about a man leaving his job and you're using it to troll once again about Sony being broke and your dear Microsoft having a lot of money.. I see.

Troll? If anything, MS taking Tetton from Sony would make MS look bad for stealing talent from other companies.  

Also why are you so defensive of Sony? You act like every comment not positive about them is attacking them. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

MoHasanie said:
Somini said:

Troll? If anything, MS taking Tetton from Sony would make MS look bad for stealing talent from other companies.  

Also why are you so defensive of Sony? You act like every comment not positive about them is attacking them. 

I'm not the one being defensive here, you're exactly known for loving Sony. Every comment you make is a jab.

I liked him, his E3 presentations were always fun to watch..All good things come to an end I guess.

coolguy said:
So did jack leave Sony or just step down from ceo

I'd like to know that as well.  They say "stepped down" so we'll go with that for now.  I'm guessing what happened at Santa Monica was a bigger fiasco than people may have realized and he's most likely stepping down to cover for asses.