By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How many weeks can PS4 remain as the #1 best selling console.

Xenostar said:
Hard to see it not being top for quite a while, now its in all regions. I guess maybe Halo5 week if MS can price cut and get a lot closer to PS4 weekly sales than they currently are. Maybe 3DS at xmas if Nintendo have some more big hitters coming for the end of the year.

Is Halo 5 coming out this year?

Around the Network

Possibly till the summer, give or take. It will be close

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

NewGuy said:
Xenostar said:
Hard to see it not being top for quite a while, now its in all regions. I guess maybe Halo5 week if MS can price cut and get a lot closer to PS4 weekly sales than they currently are. Maybe 3DS at xmas if Nintendo have some more big hitters coming for the end of the year.

Dont think so, i meant when it arrives next year, i dont think One will go ahead at all this year, MS have to much work to do before that can happen.

Xenostar said:
NewGuy said:
Xenostar said:

Dont think so, i meant when it arrives next year, i dont think One will go ahead at all this year, MS have to much work to do before that can happen.

Yeah I think Halo 5 is probably their Fall 2015 and Gears probably Fall 2016. Worth noting that they just started planning the next Gears game after the IP acquisition.

ooh... alot of them. The 3DS is the only one that can drive it off and it doesnt have any big hitters like it had last year.

Around the Network

Till PS5 release.

sales2099 said:
I dunno......for the next 7 years?

Possible, but I could see weeks of major releases for other consoles breaking the streak up from time to time.

Right now the PS4 looks solid across all four regions charted on here so regularly will be the best selling console for a long while.

3ds will eventually surpass it. It will remain the home console leader at least untill nintendo or microsoft drops the price

The ps4 was the leader in all weeks except two this year so the 3ds won't catch it now that it's out in japan, so a lot

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

It will probably stay number one until the 3DS surpasses is for 2-3 weeks in december.

But the 3DS doesn't seem to have many big releases this year because Nintendo focusses on the Wii U. Third party titles besides Monster Hunter don't move 3DS consoles.