By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The bestselling games of 7th gen Consoles (Updated Weekly)

Ucell said:
zorg1000 said:
How the mighty have fallen, Nintendo had 5 games sell over 25 million last gen and this gen it might not have any make it to 10 million.

Also I would like to see Sony/Microsoft top games have a bit more diversity this gen, 4/5 were Call of Duty.

3 of the 5 Nintendo games sold on the basis of novelty. Now that the novelty has worn off, of course they wouldn't sell well. Although its interesting to see GTA V so high up in the charts when its 6 year old predecessor didn't even make it. I'm pretty sure GTA V will outsell Wii Sports Resort.

Yep and one of those cases (Wii Play) alot of its sales came from coming with a free controller which at the beginning of the gen people were picking up alot of extra controllers. Mario Kart and 2D Mario appeal heavily to the crowd that ate up that novelty so that explains there massive sales.

Im not a big fan of GTA but goddamn that game sold beastly and in such a short amount of time. I would be surprised if we dont see a PS4/One version, it will surely squeeze out a few extra million sales.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
leyendax69 said:
Ucell said:
leyendax69 said:
I think there is already a thread for this gen, you should make one for 8th gen.

I've already made one:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=179528&page=1

Oh, good. I hope you can maintain it updated.

Yeah I'll update it. It'll be interesting to watch the top 10 for current gen. Let's see if TF and ISS can make it. I sure hope they do.

zorg1000 said:
Ucell said:
zorg1000 said:
How the mighty have fallen, Nintendo had 5 games sell over 25 million last gen and this gen it might not have any make it to 10 million.

Also I would like to see Sony/Microsoft top games have a bit more diversity this gen, 4/5 were Call of Duty.

3 of the 5 Nintendo games sold on the basis of novelty. Now that the novelty has worn off, of course they wouldn't sell well. Although its interesting to see GTA V so high up in the charts when its 6 year old predecessor didn't even make it. I'm pretty sure GTA V will outsell Wii Sports Resort.

Yep and one of those cases (Wii Play) alot of its sales came from coming with a free controller which at the beginning of the gen people were picking up alot of extra controllers. Mario Kart and 2D Mario appeal heavily to the crowd that ate up that novelty so that explains there massive sales.

Im not a big fan of GTA but goddamn that game sold beastly and in such a short amount of time. I would be surprised if we dont see a PS4/One version, it will surely squeeze out a few extra million sales.

PS4 version has been confirmed by a Portuguese retailer. No evidence of an XB1 version coming.

Ucell said:
leyendax69 said:
Ucell said:
leyendax69 said:
I think there is already a thread for this gen, you should make one for 8th gen.

I've already made one:

Yeah I'll update it. It'll be interesting to watch the top 10 for current gen. Let's see if TF and ISS can make it. I sure hope they do.

I know its a bit early but what is ur prediction for top 10 gen 8 games by the end of the year?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Ucell said:
zorg1000 said:
Ucell said:
zorg1000 said:

PS4 version has been confirmed by a Portuguese retailer. No evidence of an XB1 version coming.

Is that a legit confirmation? Ive seen retailers like Newegg list games before that never released, for example they had Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon HD listed as a Wii U release for last holiday and we still havent actually heard any type of official confirmation for it.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
Ucell said:
leyendax69 said:
Ucell said:
leyendax69 said:

I've already made one:

I know its a bit early but what is ur prediction for top 10 gen 8 games by the end of the year?

Its not just early, its WAY too early. Although I expect GTA VII and Destiny 2 to make it to the list. Perhaps even FF XV and MGS V: TPP.

@Previous well code for PS4 and PC versions was found in the game files in October. Though no such code was found for the XB1 version. All this points to one thing and we know what that is. Though I'll gladly buy a second and third copy for my PS4 and PC. The game is that good.

Ucell said:
zorg1000 said:
Ucell said:
leyendax69 said:
Ucell said:
leyendax69 said:

I've already made one:

Its not just early, its WAY too early. Although I expect GTA VII and Destiny 2 to make it to the list. Perhaps even FF XV and MGS V: TPP.

Lol I said by the end of the year, not generation.

zorg1000 said:
Ucell said:
zorg1000 said:
Ucell said:
leyendax69 said:
Ucell said:
leyendax69 said:

I've already made one:

Oops I misread lol. I think Destiny, Batman: Arkham Knight, Titanfall and The Order: 1886 will make it to the list.

Ucell said:
zorg1000 said:
Ucell said:
zorg1000 said:
Ucell said:
leyendax69 said:
Ucell said:
leyendax69 said:

I've already made one:

Oops I misread lol. I think Destiny, Batman: Arkham Knight, Titanfall and The Order: 1886 will make it to the list.

Ya those all have strong chances along with the next Call of Duty/Assassin's Creed and Mario Kart.

Oh my... Call of Nintendo domination ^^ It'll be interesting to see if Nintendo and CoD can keep up those numbers this gen. Nintendo probably won't though...

Hey, another tips! Why don't you link these two (or at least the 8th gen thread) in your sig?

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.