By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - would you rather kill satan or go to heaven?

?

kill satan 9 56.25%

go to heaven 6 37.50%

Total:15

As for the op....

Assuming a Satan and Christianity.

I don't really see the point of killing Satan.

I mean, what is the best case scenario?

Satan is dead, so he's not torturing people.

Ok, but other fallen angels or demons or whatever are still in hell, so wouldn't they just take off where he left off?

Assuming a no fallen angels or demons scenario, then you more or less have to figure that most of these people would just group up and form bands and inflict tortures on opposing groups anyway, since a lot of people in hell are presumably horrible.

While kind of cool, I don't see what that accomplishes really.

That's assuming of course satan's torture wouldn't still exist/people in hell have access to each other/Said torture doesn't come from Satan.

Then you'd have the worst case scenario. God and Satan are working together. Since god could just unmake him if he really wanted to probably right?

So really i'm not seeing the benefit, unless the theory is "You kill satan you become satan." Even then that doesn't seem like a benefit unless you are a real asshole.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
Kasz216 said:
kowenicki said:
Both are impossible

May I suggest The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins as a starting point.

I don't know about that.  Despite his dislike of religion, Richard Dawkins writings seem provide some of the biggest arguements for blind faith immaginable, as that's more or less all his writing style entails.

There are plenty of compelling arguements for atheism, Richard Dawkins tends to make none of them, and insteaad relies on blind faith to come up with reasons for religion being evil that are pretty eaisly seen through with even a basic application of cause and effect.

I'm honestly quite surprised you'd cite him... he's roughly the atheist version of Jerry Fallwell.

Well I disagree

But you'd probably expexct me to.

I do admit he likes a soundbite or two and can be sensationalist, but when you are dealing in these areas... it is often required.

He doesn't just argue that they are evil, he argues that they are silly.

The comparison with Falwell, who is a lunatic and very dangerous is a little unfair.

But I am out now... religion just turns me into an angry arguer.

...yeah, but he does argue they're evil.

Including in the God Delusion.

Many of his arguments sound no different from the arguements Falwell would make about other religions....

and he basically argues agaisnt religion without having done any knowledge or study into any of the relgions he is argueing against.

Which would be fine if he left it at the base levels, but insetad he tends to try and dive into religious theology and what it says and use that as "proof".  More or less creating strawman's created soley of his own bias.

Very few people better illustrate the follies of ignorance created via arrogance and bias.

You should really reread his stuff and reconsider.  It's not people who disagree that kill ideas.  It's the profundly ignorant and loud that support ideas for the wrong reasons that are the death of them.

If every religion disapears from the world, it won't be due to the likes of Richard Dawkins, it will be do to the Fallwells and the Popes.  They've turned off more people to religion via their support of things not even listed in the bible, then Dawkins ever has.

Meanwhile if Atheism ever disapears again into Agnoscism.  You can be sure it will be due to people like Dawkins spouting nonsense... and really, atheists are more likely to be turned off by nonsense.  Well outside of the Angry atheists who are mostly just upset they had to sit through church/had really religious upbringings. 

Of course I will concede statements like "Religion is worse then repeated sexual abuse as a child" aren't helping either.

Who would god/ Jesus blame if there was no Satan?

Anyway, you Christians must be hypocrites if you wanted to kill someone

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018