By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Uncharted PS4 Writer Amy Hennig Leaves Naughty Dog

Neil Druckmann and Bruce Straley taking over Uc4 who's team worked on Uc2 and TLOU?? sorry but that's an epic EPIC win.. i'm actually happy!

Around the Network

That's disappointing. 10 years with them and then she was forced out.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

MoHasanie said:

Which is still only a rumor. There could be other factors at play here. For all we know, she could have finished the script for UC4 and it was complete trash and had creative differences with the others.

Dark_Feanor said:
No Uncharted 4 until late 2015 at best.

Well considering we know nothing on the game with no tentative date, 2015 was pretty much assumed anyways. Besides, Sony doesn't need an Uncharted this year. It's going to have a great year regardless.  With this type of caliber game, it's best to wait until it's completely polished and air tight. That way it will be a great asset to the 1st party line up, much like ND's other games.

Blood_Tears said:
MoHasanie said:

Which is still only a rumor. There could be other factors at play here. For all we know, she could have finished the script for UC4 and it was complete trash and had creative differences with the others.

Or she was becoming very difficult to work with, or it could many other reasons...

Around the Network
Blood_Tears said:
Sony should give her a position at Guerrilla Games so that studio can get some decent writing.

hrrm...  U2 and (from what i hear) TLoU were better stories than U3.  so i guess this is a "good" thing.  still, this doesn't sit well with me.  U3 was still a great game and a great story by industry standards even if it wasn't the best naughty dog game.

...but blood_tears says really wouldn't be that bad of an idea.   GG could use a great writer and she is certainly above average.

Always a shame when something like this happens. Tbh, I never thought the strong point of Uncharted was the story so I can't say I'm too sad to see her go, but she certainly came across as a nice person in interviews.

I'd like to hear more about this supposed "forced out" bit though. Kinda felt like the original article just through it in there for drama rather than attempting to substantiate anything.

She is not just the writer of the story. She directed aswell.

The story on uncharted 3 was pretty good though, wasnt it Kresnik?

I cant help but feel that The last of us guys had their heads full of themselves and were throwing their weight around. She was the one directing Uncharted 4, not them. The story had to keep improving after Uncharted 3. It became an important part of the series (in my opinion).

Also, im pretty sure she was involved with the last of us writing aswell (for those thinking that those guys made a better job). This is a massive loss for naughty dog.

Seems like she would be a hot free agent.

Nem said:

She is not just the writer of the story. She directed aswell.

The story on uncharted 3 was pretty good though, wasnt it Kresnik?

Haven't played U3.  Only the first two.  Story didn't really feel like a massive part of either of them.