By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Titanfall install size

Last generation, the bottleneck was the 360's DVDs, which forced devs to keep sizes down. That is no longer the case.

Around the Network

Being a PC gamer with a crap internet speed is starting to become a real problem...

Nintendo and PC gamer

360 5 DVDS confirmed!

/Not really

osed125 said:

Being a PC gamer with a crap internet speed is starting to become a real problem...

Get it on disk then, or is just an origin key in a box these days. 

kowenicki said:

they have a campaign with cut scenes etc.

Yes, looking this way it really looks like a bit of a stretch. Maybe the PC version won't have that size. A lot of PC games ask way mroe space than it really uses (NFS: Rivals asks for 30 GB but the game actually uses 10 GB). Another factor could be like Uncharted 3 was. The game had almost 50 GB, but the disk came with a lot of extras, making of videos and with audio in several languages (wich could be a reason for TF's size).

Anyway, in the previous gen we saw PS3 exclusives ranging from 25 to 50 GB without much need, just because the space was there and you could use high quality video, more audio languages and so on. The DVD on 360 was the factor that keep things down, but with BD in all consoles (I'm considering Wii U media as a kind of BD, since it's basically the same thing only without film compatibility) we should start seeing a lot of games reaching the 50 GB size.

Around the Network
Xenostar said:
osed125 said:

There are tons of PC games who don't get a disk release, and unless is a very popular franchise, is hard to find games that do get a PC disk in my country....unless it's pirated. 

Nintendo and PC gamer

osed125 said:
Xenostar said:
osed125 said:

There are tons of PC games who don't get a disk release, and unless is a very popular franchise, is hard to find games that do get a PC disk in my country....unless it's pirated. 

ah fair enough, i havent bought a PC Disk game in about 10 years either, luckily my internet it good, but still take a couple of hours to download 20 gig like. But hopefully Origin and UPlay will follow what Blizzard and Sony are doing and let youplay before its fully downloaded. 

ironmanDX said:
Nintentacle said:
ironmanDX said:
Nintentacle said:
Man, imagine it was on Wii U and you downloaded it...

WiiU TitanFall bundle?

Gen over.

Wii U will outsell PS4! For several weeks...

10,000 could be said as several?

We should proably shut up now, we're derailing the thread!!

Fine! For several decades because Sony will go bankrupt. :P

Good size, most next gen games are around 40 gigs