By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - LBP to have lip-synched voice chat!

It sounds pretty cool to me. From PS3Fanboy:

Just when you thought you knew everything you could about Media Molecule's upcoming world-creator game LittleBigPlanet, we find something else that blows our minds and makes us anticipate the title even more. In the latest Edge magazine, it's been revealed that in addition to the emotions and such your sackboy (and sackgirl) can perform, there are plans to lip-synch voice chat. That is to say, the characters will move their mouths in roughly the same way you do (even if not, it's still cool). Down the line, expect stuff like voice filters, too. We think that's a pretty stellar move.

Around the Network

Cool, this games looks better everytime I see it, and I really liked it the first time I saw it. The new level creation trailer is INSANE!

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Wow that is cool now hopefully they work on the gameplay as well. The videos of people demonstrating the game made the gameplay look atrocious.

Very cool, can't wait for this game.
It will be a very neat game since it doesn't really have anything to measure up to.
It is the first of it's kind in a lot of areas.

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

Pedophiles of the world unit...that is kinda scary

i mean its a cool idea but i think its playing with fire to give so much control for chat and such---no i swear i am not a 46 year old man, ow wanna play with me

Around the Network

Funny,cute & interesting feature.

Tempus fugit Nintendo manet.

Level 1 - Newbie
Level 2 - Member - Pass 1k
Level 3 - Regular - Pass 2k
Level 4 - Addicted - Pass 5k
Level 5 - Obsessed - Pass 10k
Level 6 - Old Guard - Pass 20k
Level 7 - Legend - Pass 50k
Level 8 - Demi-God - Pass 100k
Level 9 - God - Pass 250k
Level 10 - Zeus - Pass 500k

New Table:

Level 1 - Newbie
Level 2 - Rookie - Pass 1k
Level 3 - Padawan - Pass 10k
Level 4 - Sea Dog - Pass 25k
Level 5 - Captain - Pass 50k
Level 6 - Agent - Pass 100k
Level 7 - Elite - Pass 175k
Level 8 - Hero - Pass 250k
Level 9 - Legend - Pass 500k
Level 10 - Titan - Pass 1 Million

Legend11 said:
Wow that is cool now hopefully they work on the gameplay as well. The videos of people demonstrating the game made the gameplay look atrocious.

Yeah right... so atrocious every journo, etc. in the industry has heaped nothing but love on how innovative it is and how so many shows have awarded it honours...

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Reasonable said:
Legend11 said:

Yeah right... so atrocious every journo, etc. in the industry has heaped nothing but love on how innovative it is and how so many shows have awarded it honours...

Watch this video.. They can't even open the pinata (they give up and move on).  Or jumping up on ledges which looks to be an exercise in frustration.

Interesting. When I first read it I actaully thought it was about Home getting lipsynced voice chat, but this is better.

Video looks cute like others... and to tell the truth I'd actually rather muck about with something like this than face another badly written B movie starring Aliens copying space marines (whether on PS3 or 360).

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...