By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The PS3 Domination Thread, will go on until PS3 overtakes the Wii

Darc Requiem said:
CrazzyMan said:
The difference now is 11 mln. so to achieve that, ps3 must outsell wii by 100k weekly, then after 2 years PS2 will reach Wii.

But i don`t see PS3 outsellign Wii by 100k weekly till the 2009,
so unless Wii is FAD, this thread will will go on till 2011 atleast.
3 years - Long time. =))

Which is right around the time the Sony Playstation 4, Microsoft X-box 720, and Nintendo Uus launch.

The other option. =))

Wii 156,645
PS3 156,520
Muahaha. =)))

Of`course wii will outsell ps3 in Japan this week, because no new games came last week, but next 3 weeks PS3 will get 3 Japan oriented games. It will be interesting. =)

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Around the Network
Legend11 said:
Or until the Sun explodes.

I changed my mind. You're awesome.

"I mean, c'mon, Viva Pinata, a game with massive marketing, didn't sell worth a damn to the "sophisticated" 360 audience, despite near-universal praise--is that a sign that 360 owners are a bunch of casual ignoramuses that can't get their heads around a 'gardening' sim? Of course not. So let's please stop trying to micro-analyze one game out of hundreds and using it as the poster child for why good, non-1st party, games can't sell on Wii. (Everyone frequenting this site knows this is nonsense, and yet some of you just can't let it go because it's the only scab you have left to pick at after all your other "Wii will phail1!!1" straw men arguments have been put to the torch.)" - exindguy on Boom Blocks

One more point for ps3

^_^

This is the thread that never ends... yes it goes on and on my friend... Legend11 started posting it, not knowing what it was... and we'll continue posting forever just because... This is the thread that never ends... yes it goes on and on my friend... Legend11 started posting it, not knowing what it was... and we'll continue posting forever just because... This is the thread that never ends... yes it goes on and on my friend... Legend11 started posting it, not knowing what it was... and we'll continue posting forever just because... This is the thread that never ends... yes it goes on and on my friend... Legend11 started posting it, not knowing what it was... and we'll continue posting forever just because... This is the thread that never ends... yes it goes on and on my friend... Legend11 started posting it, not knowing what it was... and we'll continue posting forever just because... This is the thread that never ends... yes it goes on and on my friend... Legend11 started posting it, not knowing what it was... and we'll continue posting forever just because...

Numbers are like people. Torture them enough and you can get them to say anything you want.

VGChartz Resident Thread Killer

Avinash_Tyagi said:
coolestguyever said:
So this thread will be void after 2010 I think when PS3 passes Wii. Wii won't be able to handle PS3's 2008 lineup. Also not just PS3 but the PS3/360 multiplat games like GTA4.

either that's sarcasm or the worst prediction ever

From his post history, I think it's the worst prediction ever.  Besides him showing his ignorance on Wii by saying it only has Mario games.

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

Around the Network
antfromtashkent said:
buahah i would like to be a part of this tread forever :D

According to the terms, you probably will.

ok every week I im going to post the differnce bettwen the sleas and this week the PS3 needs to sell 11.47mil to cacth up to the wii