By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The PS3 Domination Thread, will go on until PS3 overtakes the Wii

twesterm said:
Chill out people, there's nothing wrong with this topic. It's silly but there's still nothing really wrong with this thread.

This thread should be filed under if you don't like it, don't read it. If Legend posted something like OMG Teh PSTRIPPLE SUXXXX!! ITS NEVER GOIN 2 BEAT THE WII LIKEOMGTOTALLYROFLOL!!!! then yes, I would ban him without a moments hesitation, but he didn't.

Besides, who knows, the PS3 could beat the Wii one day and who will be laughing then?

rofl do you believe the last part ?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

*pitches up tent* * takes out a book*

Yep, looks this one could be a while.

I don't see the PS3 dominating in this reality. There may be some odd dimension where up is down, right is left and so on where the PS3 dominates but not here.

Switch: SW-5066-1525-5130

XBL: GratuitousFREEK

Should have down 'until it overtakes the 360 :|'

This is the thread that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friends

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Around the Network

Yeah, I don't predict this will happen either. The Wii is just too damn trendy, but that could change in a year or two.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

kirby007 said:
twesterm said:
Chill out people, there's nothing wrong with this topic. It's silly but there's still nothing really wrong with this thread.

This thread should be filed under if you don't like it, don't read it. If Legend posted something like OMG Teh PSTRIPPLE SUXXXX!! ITS NEVER GOIN 2 BEAT THE WII LIKEOMGTOTALLYROFLOL!!!! then yes, I would ban him without a moments hesitation, but he didn't.

Besides, who knows, the PS3 could beat the Wii one day and who will be laughing then?

rofl do you believe the last part ?

I won't rule out that it can happen but I don't personally think it will.

The difference now is 11 mln. so to achieve that, ps3 must outsell wii by 100k weekly, then after 2 years PS2 will reach Wii.

But i don`t see PS3 outsellign Wii by 100k weekly till the 2009,
so unless Wii is FAD, this thread will will go on till 2011 atleast.
3 years - Long time. =))

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

"Whips out folding chair, retrieves Blackberry to see if I have digital service, and dials California Pizza while the flame fest kicks off ..."

I'm ordering pizza ... anyone want in?

OT - PS3 will dominate all based on how long is stays in the game while Ninny and MS have rolled out their new consoles ...

Legend11 said:
Or until the Sun explodes.

I don't think the PS3 is about to overtake the Wii anytime soon, but it will relegate the 360 way back into third place within a couple of years. I just hope the 360 holds up well enough this year for me to win my bet.

It might be close.

Wow Legend you are a huge troll.

Take him for what he is.  His threads always have a trolling angle -- in this case, he's trying to say, "so what that the PS3 is more popular than the 360.  It's less popular than the Wii and so there!"  His angles are always transparent.