By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why is DKC Tropical Freeze bombing worldwide?

No more "DK didn't move consoles" threads

Thank god 198 98.51%

Total:198

Yes. Sorry, harsh but truth: People is ignoring Retro's latest offer on the Wii U, just like they decided to choose over other options with a lot more potential.

Is DonkeyKong's fault? No, it's Nintendo's fault to believe it will sell hardware when Returns proved that it sold on a established userbase. It's Nintendo's fault to greenlite a game that doesn't looks like a new complete generation when other consoles is offering that. It's Nintendo's fault to release the same games as the Wii.

People wanted new games, new experiences and Nintendo is just releasing the same content as the Wii with higer resolution. Wii Party, Wii Sports, Wii Fit, DKC Returns, New Super Mario Bros Wii have already sequels on the Wii U, and guess what, everything has bombed compared to their predecessors.

Every time I see my Wii U I imagine all those games Nintendo could have developed with outstandings graphics, effects, and new gameplay. Then, I got depressed looking at what we are getting.

It's not DK's fault, it's Nintendo's.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network

it's not a bomb bro, it sold like 130k + EU in a crashing video game market

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

chapset said:

More like a crashing video game console.

You summed up a majority of peoples thoughts... Perfectly lol /endthread

Please give it a rest

Around the Network

So... legs on games dont count anymore...? And aren't the sales numbers from like day 1 sales and not the whole week? Since DK came out on 21 and the update is on the 22nd

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
So... legs on games dont count anymore...? And aren't the sales numbers from like day 1 sales and not the whole week?

Honestly, with your hand at your heart, tell me you believe it will have legs to reach at least half of Returns numbers.

I think you need to stop checking software sales and stuff like that. I've only see you make "doom" or "dissapointment" threads...
OP: Of course it's Nintendo's fault! There's no other to blame. They made the Wii U the most anticonsumer hardware I've ever seen.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

chapset said:

huh? The video game market is stronger than it ever has been before. Both PS4 and X Box One have shattered sales records for their launch and PS4 is still on pace to outsell the Wii as far as launch, first month, and maybe first year. It's on that pace easily. So how is the video game market crashing again? Outside of Nintendo releasing a console with last gen tech and the same games we have seen for a decade, THAT is why they are failing thus far. I think they get back on track soon. But a failing market is just a ridiculous thing to say. 

Chasesdaddy84 said:
You summed up a majority of peoples thoughts... Perfectly lol /endthread

It's frustrating to see this new Nintendo.