By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Explain the Metacritic Gap Between Tropical Freeze and 3D World

3D World was a delightful surprise. Tropical Freeze was more of the same.

Well at least that is how critics probably viewed it. But if that is the case, imo 3D World looks like more of the same as 3D Land. It's just that the original impressions of 3D World were so bad, even I will admit it.

Around the Network

Nintendo makes both kinds of video games, Mario games and Platformers- but Mario games have a stronger brand than platformers- since a 3d Metroid is not either Mario or a Platformer then Nintendo will no longer make it because it does not fit into its 2 recognized classifications of video games

At least that is what it seems as an owner of a Wii-U They just won t spend the money to do a 3d Metroid - ill be surprised if we see a legit Zelda game on the Wii u

PlayMatt said:
Mario is overrated

While I might agree that the NSMB series is, 3D World deserved all the praise it got.

But metacritic shouldn't be used as a metric on what's better than another game.

You play both, you make a decision, and that's your experience.  The entire scoring system is subjective.

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

_crazy_man_ said:
PlayMatt said:
Mario is overrated

While I might agree that the NSMB series is, 3D World deserved all the praise it got.

But metacritic shouldn't be used as a metric on what's better than another game.

You play both, you make a decision, and that's your experience.  The entire scoring system is subjective.

Please don't hate me, I just happen to prefer DKC

The Bitch is back! And better then ever! #BritneyReturns

SONY Bring them BACK for PS4 and VITA!

You wanna know why they did Donkey Kong instead of Metroid. Take a look at the sales data. DKTF sold almost 3 times more than any of the metroid prime games. It's the hardcore gamer bias. Hardcore liked the metroid games better, but the casuals like Donkey Kong more. It's 6 million sales vs 2 million. which sequel would you make.

Around the Network
PlayMatt said:
_crazy_man_ said:
PlayMatt said:
Mario is overrated

Please don't hate me, I just happen to prefer DKC

No hatin here. :)

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

I enjoy more Donkey Kong than Mario 3D World just for the level design and the hyper-detailed environments. Music is also on par for both games. In the end, Donkey Kong should have had 90. 82 is pretty unfair considering the amount of work put into the game and the great outcome it made.

Just for Wise, I would give 5 points more. The soundtrack is genius.

FOR CHRIST'S SAKE, New Super Mario Bros. U got 84. How can this game beat DK honestly? What the hell? The same happened with NSMBWii and DKCR, they had both the same score even though DKCR deserved much more praise.