By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Music Discussion - Need Audio Advice from an Audiophile!

Im not really that clued up on audio systems and products so could use some advice. 

Im looking for an Audio System with good sound which I mainly use hooked up to my TV for watching movies, playing games etc. But also want it to have Bluetooth capability so that I can use it to play music from my phone and play games on a Vita and have the sound on the system.

I did buy a JBL Pulse (mainly for the pretty lights) with just the intent of using it with phone and Vita, but the sound wasnt really good enough for what I wanted (not the best bass) so sent it back. 

Now im looking for something bigger that can do the above. It doesnt need to be portable, it will go in one room and rarely if ever move.

The best way to find out if you can trust somebody is to trust them.

Ernest Hemmingway

Around the Network

As kowenicki said, Denon receivers are really good. I have an Onkyo receiver and Onkyo surround speakers. These are good too.

Basically, get one of those two brands if you want the best you can get. And get one of the better versions. Plenty of their 7.1 receivers have WiFi and Bluetooth.

kowenicki said:
My Denon receiver is 7.1, networked, DLNA 1.5 compliant, Airplay, Internet Radio, Spotify, upscales to 4k.Flikr phot streaming, FLAC-HD capable.

My speakers are the dogs nuts!! Floor standing Monitor Audio, with a large central Monitor audio, B&W Sub, denon surrounds.

Driving in forza sounds ridiculous!

You, my friend, have an ideal setup! Good for you! (Jealous). Enjoy that!

Whats an audio receiver?

And im not fussed, though space is an issue as it will be going in my bedroom, so would a setup like that take alot of space? and how much would it cost?

Ernest Hemmingway

http://www.amazon.com/Onkyo-TX-NR828-7-2-Channel-Wireless-Receiver/dp/B00CILJB0E/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1393453537&sr=1-1&keywords=onkyo+tx-nr828 That is an AV receiver (Actually its the newer version of the one I have.) You hook all your devices into it, hook your TV or TV's up to it, and your speakers up to it. Obviously you can find them for a lot cheaper or more expensive, but as others have mentioned, Onkyo and Denon are your best choices. On a budget Yamaha might be an okay choice too

Who is John Galt?

3DS Friend Code : 2535-4338-9000 

AMD FX 8150 , 8 GB DDR3 Kingston Memory,  EVGA GTX 560 TI 2 GB superclocked, Samsung 256 GB SSD

Around the Network

yes get a receiver or a nice amp for everything to go through,you can always buy some good second hand ones if you look around

audio is the best

Above & Beyond

i'll have a look around, cheers.

And wow! all those slots on the back of that one you linked :O

Ernest Hemmingway