By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rumor: Titanfall Is Dropping Resolution To 720p

The game is staying in 792p, unless their sole goal is to make people angry.

Around the Network

I could see them doing it to get a better framerate, but I certainly don't expect it.

792p to 720p maybe, it's not too unreasonable. The game using alpha textures? Not a chance.

The game is out in what, like 2 weeks. It must have gone gold by now, if they were dropping the res reviewers and the media would leak it anyways.

Yeah I'm going to say he is wrong again

Around the Network

Will people ever get tired of talking about resolution?

Oh how I wish this were true. But it probably isn't :(

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Even if this is true can you even notice any kinda of diference from 792p to 720p, its realy almost no diference at all. And Titanfalls graphics arent anythign to be amazed with anyway, ppl are hyping it and stuf cause theyre liking the gameplay and having fun.

iceboy151 said:
Will people ever get tired of talking about resolution?

All the time. That's when we switch to fps :)

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

dahuman said:
720p is not an issue, it's still in HD lol....

720p is actually better than 792p if you ask me BECAUSE 792p is a weird resolution that has to be scaled in ANY case.

- If you have a 720p TV, it needs to be scaled down, and you're better off with 720p

- If you have a 1080p TV, it still needs to be scaled up, the difference from scaling up between 720p & 792p will be negligble.

So at least the 720p guys will have better picture quality in addition to everyone having better performance. 900p would be understandable as it is meaningfully better than 720p, but 792p is too small of a jump to be noticed, but with all that unecessary baggage and scaling issues.

Developers should stick to 3 resolutions for XB1

720p for graphically intensive games that has performance priority

1080p for graphically less intensive with no performance issues

900p for graphically less intensive games that are not possible in 1080p

Playstation 5 vs XBox Series Market Share Estimates

Regional Analysis  (only MS and Sony Consoles)
Europe     => XB1 : 23-24 % vs PS4 : 76-77%
N. America => XB1 :  49-52% vs PS4 : 48-51%
Global     => XB1 :  32-34% vs PS4 : 66-68%

Sales Estimations for 8th Generation Consoles

Next Gen Consoles Impressions and Estimates