By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft on Xbox One: some things haven't worked, but we are learning

still talking about "cloud" as a "performance" resource tells me all the opposite of "learning".

Around the Network
Imaginedvl said:
Xenostar said:
Talking down TV, talking up Games, smells like a foundation for Kinectless SKU

I cannot believe you are still spiting this non-sense out... Kinectless Xbox One will not happen; just stop hoping.

Im not hoping per se, it just NEEDS to be cheaper, im very confident they will announce this at E3, unless sales pick up alot before then. 

D-d-damage control

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
AwakeandAlive said:

On the next gen power difference:

“Let’s be clear about this: Xbox One fully supports 1080p at 60 frames-per-second,” said Eagle. “Forza Motosport 5 is an example of a game that delivers on that. It’s up to individual developers to determine what is the best balance in order to deliver the best experience to gamers. No longer can you measure or talk about power in terms of pixels and polygon counts. Performance in this era comes from three areas: hardware, software and the cloud.

Yeah. Forza 5 supports 1080p 60fps. Reality is "crystal clear".

Anything M$ does will never work out. Even if it is working out, I will downplay it and then when it gets put into my beloved console, it will be true innovation.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Around the Network
thismeintiel said:

Got to laugh at the power difference bit. You can no longer determine power by pixels and polygons? Sure you can't.

And when they are asked that they really should fall on "power isn't everything." Not talk up the BS that is the cloud over and over. They also should stop bringing up Forza, as that game had to have considerable downgrades to even achieve 1080p and 60FPS.

And lastly, I'll never understand why MS didn't get WAY more flack for lying to journalists and consumers about their E3 builds that were running on HW much better than what was actually in the One. Sony got quite a bit of flack for overpromising with their PS3 target vids, but MS got nothing from the media for creating playable builds that were never going to be playable on the One. I guess MS just has deeper pockets.

Sony got racked over the coals for doing it. The West media is a joke, especially gaming media. Same reason MS got off pretty easy with RROD. I think western media is afraid to Piss off MS.

FlamingWeazel said:
thismeintiel said:

Got to laugh at the power difference bit. You can no longer determine power by pixels and polygons? Sure you can't.

And when they are asked that they really should fall on "power isn't everything." Not talk up the BS that is the cloud over and over. They also should stop bringing up Forza, as that game had to have considerable downgrades to even achieve 1080p and 60FPS.

And lastly, I'll never understand why MS didn't get WAY more flack for lying to journalists and consumers about their E3 builds that were running on HW much better than what was actually in the One. Sony got quite a bit of flack for overpromising with their PS3 target vids, but MS got nothing from the media for creating playable builds that were never going to be playable on the One. I guess MS just has deeper pockets.

Sony got racked over the coals for doing it. The West media is a joke, especially gaming media. Same reason MS got off pretty easy with RROD. I think western media is afraid to Piss off MS.

I laughed at the last sentence. Sorry but gamers were just willing to put up with it because they *gasp* liked the games it had. 2007 was when it went public however it was also the best year 360 had in terms of exclusives, timed exclusives, 360/PC games.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

daredevil.shark said:
AwakeandAlive said:

On the next gen power difference:

“Let’s be clear about this: Xbox One fully supports 1080p at 60 frames-per-second,” said Eagle. “Forza Motosport 5 is an example of a game that delivers on that. It’s up to individual developers to determine what is the best balance in order to deliver the best experience to gamers. No longer can you measure or talk about power in terms of pixels and polygon counts. Performance in this era comes from three areas: hardware, software and the cloud.

Yeah. Forza 5 supports 1080p 60fps. Reality is "crystal clear".

Yah because we all know other racing games have 3D models for the crowd, rihgt?... Like it would be any usefull... Get real for a second...

Just make XBOX FITNESS a download and no streaming and I will use Xbox One everyday, forever. I don´t mind paying GOLD membership forever too, BUT LET me download the damn vides, having to stream them over and over again is sooooooo stupid.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Not on topic per se, but I just hope MS learned that its the head start (done properly) that gives you the edge.

Get early start on userbase and regions where you are at a disadvantage, 3rd parties use you for future lead platform, more leverage for exclusive deals, first to make parts production cheaper and therefore first to sustainably price cut.

That is what I hope MS takes from this gen. That and cater to the core gamer first.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles.