By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Basileous Productions Presents....Final Fantasy I & II Dawn of Souls (GBA) Review!

Tagged games:

What would you give this game on a score rating of 1-10?

10 1 14.29%

9 0 0%

8 1 14.29%

7 2 28.57%

6 1 14.29%

5 0 0%

4 0 0%

3 0 0%

2 0 0%

1 1 14.29%

Total:6

Red mage has always sucked, though

Around the Network

Da fuq, Basil? This should get 9.9/10.

BasilZero said:
kupomogli said:

Da fuq, Basil? This should get 9.9/10.

o.O

Didnt you say you liked the PSX version more? This is the review for the GBA version lol

Yeah.  That's why it's 9.9/10.  You should rate the PSX version 10/10.

Also the red mage is actually better on this version than the other ones. On the NES version temper and saber were broken. They didn't work. On the PSX version, it uses the other MP system which you didn't like. While on this version you pretty much have an infinite pool of MP.

The red mage can not only cast temper, saber, slow, and haste, but they can also cast invisira and protera. The black mage ends up getting kind of useless since there's a limit on his magic attack damage, and the white mage is mainly support with limited attack magic, worse than the black nage. So the red nage being able to be the ultimate status buff character against the extra bosses plus can take decent damage and decent curative magic, even if it's all weaker than it was in past games overall make him better in my opinion.  Although I would say a red mage and a white mage in your party is better than two red mages because the red mage can't cure nearly as good as a white mage can, and while  I say this I always use two red mages though.  OP support class all the way.

He's just worse in a few aspects, but because of the changes in MP he's overall better.

FF1 was my first RPG. It blew me away back then and thus I am unable to be objective about it. I am also afraid to play it again as it might damage my positive memories.

Getting annihilated by that mecha is one of my first "oh my god ..." gaming memories.

Around the Network

havent played it.i played the tactics advance one.that was pretty nice.