By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - RRoD strikes at GDC!

Don't worry, guys, it's only a 16% failure rate.

Oh wait, that's just silly. The 360 is, unquestionably, the lowest quality major home console released. There is *no* debating this fact.

Around the Network
Gazz said:
Lol, crappy-execs-completely-disregarding-advice-from-the-engineers at it's worst has a new name: Xbox 360.
It's not necessarily the engineers that made the mistakes, it's the execs that forced them to push out an unfinished/untested/low-quality product.

I can't even begin to think of how mad I'd be if something that cost me hundreds of dollars died on me... and it's at 16%? Damn.

Predictions for 2009: (Right) (Wrong) (Partial)

Pokemon Gold/Silver DS Japan in September

NES colored Wii and SNES Classic Controler for Christmas

Super Role Bros for Christmas

FF Remakes announced; VII PS3 VIII 360 IX Wii

New Super Mario World November 2009

Ha!

I think they should have rigged some absolutely fool proof consoles xD maybe nitrogen cool it :P I'm not going to make some petty stab at the 360, but I agree Starcraft, that is funny xD

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

Around the Network
epsilon72 said:
Gazz said:
Lol, crappy-execs-completely-disregarding-advice-from-the-engineers at it's worst has a new name: Xbox 360.
It's not necessarily the engineers that made the mistakes, it's the execs that forced them to push out an unfinished/untested/low-quality product.

This is the hallmark of Microsoft executives: See no evil, hear no evil, ship the broken product.  This has been true for almost all versions of Windows so far -- it just showed itself as something much more tangible in the Xbox 360.

starcraft said:
Software perfection at it's best has the same name though Gazz, so I reckon its a fair trade-off given the repairs are free and effective.

LOL

Yeah right, Microsoft is a company well known for the quality and bug-free state of their software.

LOL Vista and any other previous operating system..

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Pikaboo said:
I can't even begin to think of how mad I'd be if something that cost me hundreds of dollars died on me... and it's at 16%? Damn.

The 16% number came from a flawed "study" of "a couple hundred" Xbox 360 units and only considered units failures if they were returned to the warranty reseller (and ignored if they were sent to MS, which is the most common method of replacement). 

The actual number of failure given from a former MS employee was over 30%, but I'd estimate it much higher than that.

Ail said:
starcraft said:
Software perfection at it's best has the same name though Gazz, so I reckon its a fair trade-off given the repairs are free and effective.

LOL

Yeah right, Microsoft is a company well known for the quality and bug-free state of their software.

LOL Vista and any other previous operating system..

My mommy taught me that if I have something bad to say I better not say it at all. . . .

It's much more embarrissing when your car brakes down at a round-a-bout, trust me.