By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Your ultimate "Fire Emblem: Path Of Radiance" team

I always go with Gatrie

He is hilarimous

Edit: Actually famousringo there is a way to make at least one laguz (that's not Ranulf or a royal!) very usable

Around the Network
Khuutra said:

I always go with Gatrie

He is hilarimous

Edit: Actually famousringo there is a way to make at least one laguz (that's not Ranulf or a royal!) very usable

Yeah, you do get one or two of those skill scrolls that will permashift a laguz, but don't they also cripple experience gain? Still seems like too much hassle just to bring in a fuzzy warrior.

Or are you talking about something else entirely?

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

famousringo said:
Khuutra said:

I always go with Gatrie

He is hilarimous

Yeah, you do get one or two of those skill scrolls that will permashift a laguz, but don't they also cripple experience gain? Still seems like too much hassle just to bring in a fuzzy warrior.

Something else entirely.

You know the non-royal wolf laguz? His stat growths are actually fantastic, for a laguz. I believe there's a part in the third act (I can't remember) of Radiant Dawn where you must hold a river bank against a constant flood of laguz. If you give him the Beastfoe scroll and leave him unshifted, he actually decimates the enemy with his fist and levels at absurd rates. Might help to give him a good support to, but that is how I remember to do it.

Paragon wouldn't hurt, either.

Khuutra said:
famousringo said:
Khuutra said:

I always go with Gatrie

He is hilarimous

Something else entirely.

You know the non-royal wolf laguz? His stat growths are actually fantastic, for a laguz. I believe there's a part in the third act (I can't remember) of Radiant Dawn where you must hold a river bank against a constant flood of laguz. If you give him the Beastfoe scroll and leave him unshifted, he actually decimates the enemy with his fist and levels at absurd rates. Might help to give him a good support to, but that is how I remember to do it.

Huh. Sounds sploitacular. Also it still sounds like I can safely ignore all those non-wolf laguz in PoR.

The gimping of the laguz is definitely my biggest disappointment in RD. The fact that I still love the game to death just demonstrates how awesome everything else in the game is.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing

famousringo said:
Khuutra said:

Something else entirely.

Huh. Sounds sploitacular. Also it still sounds like I can safely ignore all those non-wolf laguz in PoR.

The gimping of the laguz is definitely my biggest disappointment in RD. The fact that I still love the game to death just demonstrates how awesome everything else in the game is.

Well now that ain't right fair! The hawk laguz, as a rule, are pretty awesome.

Though uh

I guess most laguz kinda suck

Around the Network

Ike, Volke, Soren, Boyd that's it!

All MAXED OUT

Gaming make me feel GOOD!

Hopefully the next Fire Emblem will have Soren is the next Lord:)

Set is in like +100 years of course

Gaming make me feel GOOD!

famousringo said:
Well-timed necro, I just started a new game last night!

I always let the levels decide who I'll keep and who I'll ditch. So far, Boyd and Gatrie are looking very strong, while Ike hasn't gained a single point of defense in ten levels! I slapped a knight ring on him in the hope of addressing this issue.

I intend to avoid using laguz, even though they're pretty good in PoR. They're crap in RD, and I want to carry my team over. I'll probably end up taking, Mist, Rolf, Nephenee, Elincia, Jill and Haar to endgame. Everyone else is going to have to work for the privilige!

This time I know to ignore Sothe... in my first playthough I invested a lot of experience in him, and he was looking really strong until I found out that he can't be promoted.

He is worth it if you're trying for a transfer file, though. If you get him to level 20, his stats will transfer exactly as they are to Radiant Dawn, though that can be a liability (sometimes he'll cap out under the normal starting values for RD Sothe, then you get screwed over), but if you're willing to give him the juice, as it were, investing in him is a prime opportunity for a transfer file

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

My Ultimate team is:

Ike

Wii code: 1534 8127 5081 0969

Brawl code: 1762-4131-9390

Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

Mr Khan said:
famousringo said:
Well-timed necro, I just started a new game last night!

I always let the levels decide who I'll keep and who I'll ditch. So far, Boyd and Gatrie are looking very strong, while Ike hasn't gained a single point of defense in ten levels! I slapped a knight ring on him in the hope of addressing this issue.

I intend to avoid using laguz, even though they're pretty good in PoR. They're crap in RD, and I want to carry my team over. I'll probably end up taking, Mist, Rolf, Nephenee, Elincia, Jill and Haar to endgame. Everyone else is going to have to work for the privilige!

This time I know to ignore Sothe... in my first playthough I invested a lot of experience in him, and he was looking really strong until I found out that he can't be promoted.

He is worth it if you're trying for a transfer file, though. If you get him to level 20, his stats will transfer exactly as they are to Radiant Dawn, though that can be a liability (sometimes he'll cap out under the normal starting values for RD Sothe, then you get screwed over), but if you're willing to give him the juice, as it were, investing in him is a prime opportunity for a transfer file

Yeah, in my RD game Sothe had most of his stats capped before level 15, so I don't think I need the PoR bonus for him.

And even with all those green numbers, he was relatively ineffective towards the end and I ended up holding him back in some of the later battles.

@ JUG

I know, Ike should be a juggernaut! My Ike's defense is currently tied with Soren's. And he has more levels than Soren.