By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will we ever see a standard game format?

@Jlauro: "There will never be only one standard. Too boring, no room for innovation... at best there may be a leading format for a decade, and if it's lucky it will continue to be the lading for the next, etc..."

A valid thought process, but one thing: the movie industry hasn't stayed the same always, either. We had VHS for about 15 years, then shifted to DVD. Also, the console industry does this anyway, with each major manufacturer coming up with a new and improved format LESS than a decade later. So, forgive me, but I'm not sure what you're trying to show?

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network

I was being generous, and said at *best* a decade... not typical... how long as PS2 been a standard format? and it still is....

Just trying to show that a standard will never last long or be a single standard for something as specialized as video games.

Not if Nintendo keeps selling like this. You know Sony or Microsoft aren't going to give in anytime soon.