By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Blizzard in Minnesota

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2014/02/20/blizzard-warning-for-parts-of-minnesota/

I know that some of you may be thinking, "Newsflash:  ice is cold", but it's actually been a while since we had a real blizzard, at least where I live (Twin Cities suburb).  We've had considerable amounts of snow but this one really deserves to be called a BLIZZARD.  That's more than a snowstorm.  (The difference to me is that there are pretty high winds as well as very heavy snowfall.) 

I just got home and I was fine in my vehicle with relatively big wheels and (therefore) higher undercarriage, but our unplowed street was too much for another vehicle that tried to come in at the same time.  They had to have a path shoveled out for the last couple hundred feet.  The blizzard is still going strong and I don't think it's even halfway done. 

But hey, at least it's not as cold as it used to be. 

^Fahrenheit you metric goons.  Call it -1° and 17 cm.  What we're actually getting now is -4° and estimated 25 to 35 cm by the time it's done. Also, that picture doesn't look like 7 inches to me, lol. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network

We get that often in Canada. Actually, the weather in the States has been quite bad as well this year.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

I live in Apple Valley(suburb of Minneapolis Minnesota).

I got about 14 inches of snow last night from the storm.

I have a 400 ft. driveway and spent 2 and half hours clearing it this morning.

What a shitty winter!!!

It is near the end of the end....

Damn, hang in there! My city in Indiana finally is getting 30 degree F and above and finally no snow, but last month we had to cancel a school day due to snow - the first time in 30 years! Our school has not done that to previous blizzards before! Winter in Midwest is crazy this time period.

Yeah, my Co-Worker got stuck on a trip back home.

Sucks cause he was supposed to cover for me tomorrow. Now I have to work on my birthday.

Isn't a big deal though. I celebrated on Thursday anyway.

Around the Network

Some snow or sun in England would be nice, we have had tons of rain and wind for the past two months. Lots of storms here too. Wettest January here since records began 250 years ago!

That amount of snow and cold wouldn't be great for us though as we are never prepared.

Extreme weather all around...

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

I thought BLIZZARD was moving to Minnesota.