By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Watch Dogs & The Witcher 3: Resolutions On Xbox One vs PS4 Leaked: "900p vs 1080p & 720p vs 900p (Confident on 1080p PS4)

Blood_Tears said:
BenVTrigger said:
Zekkyou said:
BenVTrigger said:
eFKac said:

Says a guy who played Tomb Raider "Definitive" Edition on the Xbone

Where was I supposed to play it? Its only on consoles

I think he meant because the X1 version is the none-definitive definitive version :P

Anyway, definitely a PC buy. Need dem sweet sweet pixels.

People arguing over how "definitive" these 2 consoles are is crazy. PS4 is clearly more powerful but I dont play console games for graphics. That would be silly. I play console games for achievements / friends.

But yet if your playing The Witcher 3 on consoles we're doing it wrong because of "medium settings"  What about other peoples achievements/Trophies and friends?  ironic no?

True and valid point. I was certainly being hypocritical there I can agree.

I guess I just think of Witcher as a PC game. My mistake and apologies.

Around the Network

So 2 more PC games for me.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

BenVTrigger said:
Blood_Tears said:
BenVTrigger said:
Zekkyou said:
BenVTrigger said:
eFKac said:

Says a guy who played Tomb Raider "Definitive" Edition on the Xbone

Where was I supposed to play it? Its only on consoles

I think he meant because the X1 version is the none-definitive definitive version :P

Anyway, definitely a PC buy. Need dem sweet sweet pixels.

People arguing over how "definitive" these 2 consoles are is crazy. PS4 is clearly more powerful but I dont play console games for graphics. That would be silly. I play console games for achievements / friends.

But yet if your playing The Witcher 3 on consoles we're doing it wrong because of "medium settings"  What about other peoples achievements/Trophies and friends?  ironic no?

True and valid point. I was certainly being hypocritical there I can agree.

I guess I just think of Witcher as a PC game. My mistake and apologies.

No worries and thank you for the most polite reply I have ever got on vgc.  lol   Keep rockin on Ben!  :)

Wagram said:
The Witcher 3 on PC is a no brainer for me.

Witcher 3 on the ps4 is a no brainer for me

well.. word of mouth will keep getting better 4 ps4 with all these news. and people wonder how it keeps selling out.

Smartest nam evila

Current Platforms: HighendPC[rip]/PS4/PS3[rip]/Vita[rip]

Around the Network
gergroy said:
Wagram said:
The Witcher 3 on PC is a no brainer for me.

Witcher 3 on the ps4 is a no brainer for me

Nothing wrong with that :D

Blood_Tears said:

Link: http://www.gamepur.com/news/13713-resolution-gate-controversy-continues-watch-dogs-runs-900p-and-1080p-ps4.html

Watch Dogs And The Witcher 3: Resolutions On Xbox One vs PS4 Leaked: "900p vs 1080p and 720p vs 1080"

And the resolution-gate saga between Playstation 4 and Xbox One continues. Well know industry insider "Shinobi602" has just revealed the resolution of two upcoming next-gen games, terming first one as "upcoming Hacking Gamer" and the second one as "upcoming Polish Game"

Shinobi602 has just tweeted that upcoming hacker game runs at 900p 30 FPS on Xbox One, whereas on PS4 it runs at 1080p 30 FPS, and certain upcoming Polish game runs at 720p 30 FPS on Xbox One, and 900p/ 30 FPS on PS4.

"Hacking Game" terms clearly point towards Ubisoft's upcoming action/adventure title, Watch Dogs, and that Polish Game definitely refers to "The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt" from CD Project RED.

You can read few recent tweets from Shinobi602 below

This shouldn't come as surprise to gaming community as almost all multiplatform games have been rumored to be running at lower resolution on Xbox One than PS4.

Just a few hours ago, former IGN editor Jeremy Conard revealed that Thief runs at 900p on Xbox One and at 1080p on PS4.

Jeremy went on to add that 1080p on Xbox One will be forever an issue because of ESRAM and GPU. You can read his quotes HERE

Two things to share in a little bit. Dat resolutiongate continues.

1. Upcoming hacker game, 900p/30FPS XBO, 1080p/30FPS PS4

Why does the headline to this post say '720p vs 1080p' when the information says '720p vs 900p?'

trixiemafia86 said:
well.. word of mouth will keep getting better 4 ps4 with all these news. and people wonder how it keeps selling out.

This.

VitroBahllee said:

Why does the headline to this post say '720p vs 1080p' when the information says '720p vs 900p?'

The last twitter post made from him didn't paste into the initial post on here. I later added it as well as Ethomas did as well. The actual substance of it in the article is that currently it is 900p and with a confident goal of 1080p.

Blood_Tears said:
VitroBahllee said:

The last twitter post made from him didn't paste into the initial post on here. I later added it as well as Ethomas did as well. The actual substance of it in the article is that currently it is 900p and with a confident goal of 1080p.

Also, I have edited the thread title accordingly.