By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global SW & HW UP!! - Week ending Feb 8 (ADJUSTMENTS - PS4 157k, X1 54k, WiiU 36k - PS4 64% marketshare)

Mr Puggsly said:
pezus said:
360 dead? Can't believe how quickly it went below 30k. It's not like One is stealing sales from it

Fun fact, both PS3 and 360 are down massively YoY.

09th Feb 2013

PS3 170,907 (-1%) 74,596,514
X360 133,157 (+9%) 75,717,186

X1 sales are respectable considering its the most expensive console on the market. That's an indication sales will be strong after price cuts. As was PS3.

Well that's some positive thinking there. A price cut will always help. But I don't think you should delude yourself that sales will be strong after a price cut.

I also recall a lot of PS3 fans getting laughed at for making almost exactly that statement.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network
binary solo said:
Mr Puggsly said:
pezus said:
360 dead? Can't believe how quickly it went below 30k. It's not like One is stealing sales from it

09th Feb 2013

X1 sales are respectable considering its the most expensive console on the market. That's an indication sales will be strong after price cuts. As was PS3.

Well that's some positive thinking there. A price cut will always help. But I don't think you should delude yourself that sales will be strong after a price cut.

I also recall a lot of PS3 fans getting laughed at for making almost exactly that statement.

The price cuts SAVED the WiiU... oh, ya..... hmmm

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

zippy said:
Xevross said:

Wii U is up YOY :) But only by 100 sales.

lol, i suppose its better than being down. I hope Donkey Kong can give a slight boost to keep it ahead :D

I wonder if Wii U can get above Xbox one.

Actually looking at NPD of january i think Wii-U is still being overtracked in the U.S. Wii-U only averaged about 11k a week in the U.S. last month and sales have likely dropped off further.

bigjon said:
binary solo said:
Mr Puggsly said:
pezus said:

09th Feb 2013

The price cuts SAVED the WiiU... oh, ya..... hmmm

Well a cut from $499 to $399 is more significant than a cut from $349 to $299. So it will help more. And Wii U should have been cut to $250, that would have got sales well up.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

AnthonyW86 said:
zippy said:
Xevross said:

Wii U is up YOY :) But only by 100 sales.

lol, i suppose its better than being down. I hope Donkey Kong can give a slight boost to keep it ahead :D

I wonder if Wii U can get above Xbox one.

Actually looking at NPD of january i think Wii-U is still being overtracked in the U.S. Wii-U only averaged about 11k a week in the U.S. last month and sales have likely dropped off further.

why do you assume it will be a 100 dollar cut for XB1. Fact is Kinect is intergral to XB1 it is the only advantage it has over PS4. If 1 sold for 399 w/o Kinect who would but an XB1 when the more powerful PS4 is the same price (and has hype on its side). I think XB1 needs to keep kinect with it or else it has no advantage. A 449 XB1 is their best bet w/ kinect.  Honestly, a drop to 399 w/o kinect is not  price drop its just a removal of a feature to reduce the price.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Around the Network

Damn these ps4 sales, i still can't find a cheap purchase online -.-.

It's too late for a price cut to make any significant difference. There would be an initial spike but that would be followed shortly by a drop once again. People 'on the street' are now buying the PS4 because of the power, design and multiplats.

The PS5 Exists. 

Downanime00 said:
I'm kind of pissed that Sony isn't doing anything right now. If I were them I would have kick the XOne while it is down. I would have announced 2-3 more exclusive title and it would have been over for sure even before release in JP.

That would be a waste of ammo, they cant sell anymore than they currently are doing due to supply shortages, they will keep that powder dry till sales boosts are possible. 

PS4 > Xbone + Xbox360 + Wii + WiiU

This is an indication that PS4 is selling well :)

Overall the numbers are bad for everyone. But we have to take in consideration if Sony/MS are still facing supply issues.

I think march is going to fare better for PS4/Xbone thanks to TitanFall, Infamous and Metal Gear.