By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Your reaction to the Wii U drought?

UncleScrooge said:
The point most of you guys are missing is that not everyone will buy every single game mentioned. I'm not interested in Bayonetta and X looks horrible to me. Watchdogs will be a non-release as no one is going to buy it at a later date. That leaves me with Donkey Kong and Mario Kart... for the first 9 months of the year probably. Yeah, I'll buy NES Remix 2 and some VC games but that's still a horrible release schedule. At the same time PS4 and Xbox One will be flooded with multi platform games (there'll be the annual crisis in summer when Madden sucks on Nintendo consoles) and the stuff that also gets released on Wii U will look worse.

Basically if you're not a Mario Kart fan there's no reason to buy a Wii U early this year.

Not if you like donkey kong, wii-fit, Mario3d, mario2d, pikmin, wonderful 101, wii-party, zombieU, sonic.. indiegames and a lot of 3. party like call of duty, rayman, batman and lot's more..

Do you think PS4/One has more games to new consumers theese month..?

Around the Network

Still have to play Super Mario 3D World, Rayman Legends, Zelda: Wind Waker HD(never played the original), Pikmin 3, Batman: Arkham City - Armored edition(never played the original), Darksiders 2(never played the original) and Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze.

I am annoyed about the fact that they didn't announce a Majora's Mask remake though.

Nintendo is playing it safe as always, and while at it taking a dump on wiiU costumers.

Currently backlogged with WiiU games also.

Need to get around to Pikmin 3, Rayman Legends, and AC4.
Still a long ways to go in Splinter Cell.
Could always get a little further in NFS.
Wouldn't mind re-playing the Wonderful 101.
Haven't touched Earthbound.
Barely started Wind Waker.
Just got Injustice.
There's plenty of eShop games that look good too (Runner 2, Unepic).
I may yet also play Mass Effect 3.

I'll give my wallet a break -- or stock up on extra controllers for Smash and MK8.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

trestres said:
Many people here have a backlog, and its understandable if you don't care. Or if you have no time to play, I can understand that too, but you are the smaller percentage.

Single console owners deciding on what console to buy, DO care, hence they won't be buying a console with such horrible lack of games.

Besides people did pay big money to buy the Wii U and it's a general consensus that it should be enough with a console for your gaming needs. Those saying that you should get 2 consoles are out of their minds. Nintendo is just commiting suicide and when they are done with the Wii U, the ones affected will be us.

Sega left the console business after the DC failed badly. Image is forever destroyed.

Here's the point though in us saying there's a backlog. There is no lack of games! It's a myth perpetuated by fanboys of other consoles.

Around the Network

4 months?

3 pages and still hasn't bothered to edit it?

and indie games aren't games it seems

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

fleischr said:
trestres said:
Many people here have a backlog, and its understandable if you don't care. Or if you have no time to play, I can understand that too, but you are the smaller percentage.

Single console owners deciding on what console to buy, DO care, hence they won't be buying a console with such horrible lack of games.

Besides people did pay big money to buy the Wii U and it's a general consensus that it should be enough with a console for your gaming needs. Those saying that you should get 2 consoles are out of their minds. Nintendo is just commiting suicide and when they are done with the Wii U, the ones affected will be us.

Sega left the console business after the DC failed badly. Image is forever destroyed.

Here's the point though in us saying there's a backlog. There is no lack of games! It's a myth perpetuated by fanboys of other consoles.

Yes, there's a lack of games.

Just because someone takes months to finish one or two games, doesn't reflect what people look for when buying a console. A late buyer will not be looking at what's there, but rather at what's to come. If you see 3 to 4 month gaps and the game that comes inbetween gaps IS NOT a game you are craving for, then, you would really wait 6 months to see if the next game is a game you like?

It seems that to be content wth the Wii U line u, you obligatorily need to like every game coming out. If you are not into platformers, then it might take years before something worthy comes up. That's the catch, there's not enough games, and then out of those few available, there's no variety.

The other consoles have multiple games from almost every genre coming out. Wii U has at the most, 1 game per genre in the span of 2 years. That's terrible, people like to be able to choose and not buy whatever is available.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

I think the 'drought' will cause the games which are coming out to get more attention and sell better than they would have if the console wasnt facing a drought.

fps_d0minat0r said:
I think the 'drought' will cause the games which are coming out to get more attention and sell better than they would have if the console wasnt facing a drought.

Doubt it. If someone doesn't want the game then they just don't want the game.

trestres said:
fleischr said:
trestres said:

Yes, there's a lack of games.

Just because someone takes months to finish one or two games, doesn't reflect what people look for when buying a console. A late buyer will not be looking at what's there, but rather at what's to come. If you see 3 to 4 month gaps and the game that comes inbetween gaps IS NOT a game you are craving for, then, you would really wait 6 months to see if the next game is a game you like?

It seems that to be content wth the Wii U line u, you obligatorily need to like every game coming out. If you are not into platformers, then it might take years before something worthy comes up. That's the catch, there's not enough games, and then out of those few available, there's no variety.

The other consoles have multiple games from almost every genre coming out. Wii U has at the most, 1 game per genre in the span of 2 years. That's terrible, people like to be able to choose and not buy whatever is available.

It's not a console for FPS or sports games, true enough. Though it has enough variety across other genres that it merits a buy -- especially if you're looking to buy just one console and less than a dozen games (which is the majority of people who buy consoles to begin with).

And as of now, it's still the best console for couch multiplayer.