By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nokia Releasing First Android Phone

This can work in Microkia's favor in 2 ways:

1. They can compete against other low end Android phones, but with a hacked version that runs M$ services instead of Google's. Cheap phones for the masses. People like it. M$ wins

2. Since the phones will be in similar specs to other low end WPs. The Android OS might run like shit and make people hate it and wonder how a low spec phone can run WP OS snappy, but it runs like shit with Android. People might switch out for a WP. M$ wins.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Around the Network

Their Windows phones don't appeal to hipsters enough. Not even the cheap ones.

Not even proper Android, it's more of a hybrid between WP8 and Android. Could be an interesting development. I wanted a Nokia phone next anyway.

This is all rumours still so we'll see

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

If Microsoft already get billions from Android and are still making losses on Windows phones that shows you how terrible they are doing. Microsoft seem to be heading to a cliff at breakneck speed right now with their business. It's held up by their core software but every part of their business is under attack by changing markets. They will forever be playing catch up now as they have never innovated anything.
I predict it wont be long before they are forced to sell xbox brand, windows OS will be free and windows phone/tablets are either sold or just stopped. Tough times ahead for this company no matter what their revenue/profits are right now

"...the best way to prepare [to be a programmer] is to write programs, and to study great programs that other people have written. In my case, I went to the garbage cans at the Computer Science Center and fished out listings of their operating system." - Bill Gates (Microsoft Corporation)

"Hey, Steve, just because you broke into Xerox's house before I did and took the TV doesn't mean I can't go in later and take the stereo." - Bill Gates (Microsoft Corporation)

Bill Gates had Mac prototypes to work from, and he was known to be obsessed with trying to make Windows as good as SAND (Steve's Amazing New Device), as a Microsoft exec named it. It was the Mac that Microsoft took for its blueprint on how to make a GUI.

""Windows [n.] - A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition.""

Bladeforce said:
If Microsoft already get billions from Android and are still making losses on Windows phones that shows you how terrible they are doing. Microsoft seem to be heading to a cliff at breakneck speed right now with their business. It's held up by their core software but every part of their business is under attack by changing markets. They will forever be playing catch up now as they have never innovated anything.
I predict it wont be long before they are forced to sell xbox brand, windows OS will be free and windows phone/tablets are either sold or just stopped. Tough times ahead for this company no matter what their revenue/profits are right now

Wow... Did Bill Gates eat your babies too?

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Around the Network

Now it's official:

http://yle.fi/uutiset/nokia_launches_android_phone_models/7104882

So the new upcoming Nokia Androids are called X, X+ and XL and they will be part of the MS product family. The price range of these phones is around 100€.

I'm still wondering how an Android phone can be part of the MS family? Am I missing something here?

PS2|Wii|DS lite|3DS XL|PSP|Android