By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official - Nintendo Direct February 13 - Focusing on WiiU and 3DS games in Spring

shakarak said:
The meltdowns in this thread show how fickle some Nintendo Fans are. All-in-all it was a good Direct. Donkey Kong looks incredible and can't wait to play it on my HD TV.

The RPG weapon shop game is something I was not even aware of and looks right up my alley (rpg lover business lover).

X was a little underwhelming, but I haven't finished Xenoblade so I'm sure I'll enjoy it once I finish Xeno.

The new trailer for Bayonetta sold me on the game. I'm not huge into hack and slashes but this game just looks like a blast to play.

The UBISOFT Eshop game looks really awesome too.

the whole issue is that the 3DS was extremely favored in screen time and the WiiU will have a deadly 3 month drought.

Around the Network

A solid, if unspectacular direct. Started off with a bang -- Little Mac, my most wanted Smash character -- then got stuck in neutral, but bounced back with a few really cool-looking indies and some eye-popping footage from Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8, X, and Bayonetta.

MohammadBadir said:
shakarak said:
The meltdowns in this thread show how fickle some Nintendo Fans are. All-in-all it was a good Direct. Donkey Kong looks incredible and can't wait to play it on my HD TV.

The RPG weapon shop game is something I was not even aware of and looks right up my alley (rpg lover business lover).

X was a little underwhelming, but I haven't finished Xenoblade so I'm sure I'll enjoy it once I finish Xeno.

The new trailer for Bayonetta sold me on the game. I'm not huge into hack and slashes but this game just looks like a blast to play.

the whole issue is that the 3DS was extremely favored in screen time and the WiiU will have a deadly 3 month drought.

I may have a different view on the subject, but if the Wii U is your only gaming system then yeah that would be a difficult pill to swallow and you need to pick up another system.  However I game on 3ds and My PC and for me it's much more important that the games that come out are a blast to play.  I prefer delays and roughts on any given system them poor games that are a waste of money.  The 3ds has a strong lineup and that should tide most Nintendo gamers over (like me).

shakarak said:
MohammadBadir said:
shakarak said:

I may have a different view on the subject, but if the Wii U is your only gaming system then yeah that would be a difficult pill to swallow and you need to pick up another system.  However I game on 3ds and My PC and for me it's much more important that the games that come out are a blast to play.  I prefer delays and roughts on any given system them poor games that are a waste of money.  The 3ds has a strong lineup and that should tide most Nintendo gamers over (like me).

i don't have a problem with not playing WiiU games as I'm already busy in other things.

the thing is, these next few months will be a living HELL for Nintendo fans on the web.

PS4 will pass WiiU in 2-3 weeks, WiiU will hit unimaginable lows thanks to that 3 month drought, Nintendo and it's fans will be very ridiculed starting with PS4 passing WiiU in 2 weeks.

Basically this is what I saw at the Direct and why its awesome that I also game on Sony consoles
WiiU... yeah FUCK IT, 3DS FOR LIFE
3DS... oh umm, we dont actually have any great content this year because it all released in 2013
Seriously from what Ive seen so far there's like maybe 5 games I want on Nintendo consoles this year, 5!!!
Also did they say X is 2014?? PLEASE TELL ME ITS 2014, PLEASSSSSEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Around the Network

I wasnt expecting anything, but really? Again a drought for 3 months? I thought they would give us Bayonetta or X or something else to fill the gap, but nothing... Pretty sad. I also dont like the bowser kids taking 7 slots in Mario kart, why not characters from the mario rpgs? The rest was good though, that bayonetta 2 footage!

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealGamingExpert

This was a bitter/sweet direct for me. 3DS had tons of info, new games and release date, but not a single one of them interest me. Meanwhile everything on WiiU interested me, the new footages was able to hype me even more than I already was, but not a single new bit of new info.

God those WiiU trailers were awsome, all of them! :D But They did'nt fix the WiiU problem. After DK we have not a single game that we are aware of coming before June! (I know MK8 is May30th (like I called it) but lets not fool ourselves, that's pretty much june) 3Months of no new games. They needed to have Bayonetta ready to fill that gap, I can't we still don't have a realease date for this game that was announced 1year and a half ago! I also can't believe we still don't have a official name for X.

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)

irstupid said:
Oh and for the Droughters out there. Nintendo is basically 100% self reliant. They have like 0 3rd party support at all. Can't expect them to have a AAA blockbuster game for every month of the year now can you?

I would say having DK and MK both by end of May in 2014 is pretty solid for ONE company. Not to mention what else will come out in 2014 from NINTENDO ALONE.

Many people can probably hear the echo of Reggie's voice claiming "There will be no drought in 2014".

I do not know what qualifies as a drought in Reggie world but after 15 months on the market (Wii U) I would defo say three months between DKTF and whatever comes next is a drought. The droughters have every right to be heard.

After the first five months of 2014 having only TWO or THREE retail games on the market is pretty pathetic for the Wii U.

However, what you said is the truth.

RealGamingExpert said:
I wasnt expecting anything, but really? Again a drought for 3 months? I thought they would give us Bayonetta or X or something else to fill the gap, but nothing... Pretty sad. I also dont like the bowser kids taking 7 slots in Mario kart, why not characters from the mario rpgs? The rest was good though, that bayonetta 2 footage!

Yeah, I hope they're not the only characters they're going to add... I hate Bowser's kids because they're horrible cheap "bosses" in the Mario platformers. 

The game looks really great though. I hope we get special items for each character again, but I doubt it now with the introduction of 7 clones... 

Bayo 2 also looks amazing. Didn't care much for the X trailer tbh, game will probably be good, but not sure if it's up my alley(never played Xenoblade before). That monster up close looked very Wii-ish. Especially the fur. 

Was the Shining game included in the Japanese Direct like everyone was hyping up, btw?

(Or were they being sarcastic?  Sarcasm is lost on the internet).