By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wii U only 2% of Ubisoft sales for Q3 2013 (PS4: 12% X1: 9%)

160rmf said:
oniyide said:

you cant even count PS4 has 2 killzone and Knack and thats off my head. and you are still moving goal posts and making excuses. What does 1st party have to do with anything? We are talking about UBISOFT. What you dont think 3rd parties dont compete with each other? I named a bunch of none Ubi games that sold. showing in fact that PS4 and one owners have a few choices. And you ignored the Wii u launch which was terrible for WIi U games

1st party has everything to do with this subject, if ps4 had at least more than 5 first party titles, people would be chossen these games over 3rd party... Of course if their 1st party games could bring something that you don't get in 3rd party games, because killzone is just FPS that people only play the multiplayer, just like cod and battlefield. Forza is just another race game just like NFS, so assuming that people buy 4 games when they buy their brand new console, choosing a FPS, a race and a sport game would have left one spot for a game that has nothing related with the previous three, that is Assassin's creed. 

And zombiu was the third best-selling game during wii u lanch

Nintendo launched with just as much 1st party Titles with 3 Ubisoft games. Still lower percentage at launch. (5%) Hes right, 1st party has nothing to do with it, its the fact that Nintendo Wii U fans dont support 3rd party multiplats. Its a shame that every conversation about Wii U 3rd party games bring up Zombie U and Rayman Legends, yet the sales are abysmall compared to your precious 1st party games.

Around the Network

Thought as much.

160rmf said:
oniyide said:

you cant even count PS4 has 2 killzone and Knack and thats off my head. and you are still moving goal posts and making excuses. What does 1st party have to do with anything? We are talking about UBISOFT. What you dont think 3rd parties dont compete with each other? I named a bunch of none Ubi games that sold. showing in fact that PS4 and one owners had quite a few choices. And you ignored the Wii u launch which was terrible for WIi U games

1st party has everything to do with this subject, if ps4 had at least more than 5 first party titles, people would be chossen these games over 3rd party... Of course if their 1st party games could bring something that you don't get in 3rd party games, because killzone is just FPS that people only play the multiplayer, just like cod and battlefield. Forza is just another race game just like NFS, so assuming that people buy 4 games when they buy their brand new console, choosing a FPS, a race and a sport game would have left one spot for a game that has nothing related with the previous three, that is Assassin's creed. 

And zombiu was the third best-selling game during wii u lanch

no you are moving goalposts and your argument still fails, hard. Tell my what open world pirate games did Ninty make? Hell besides platformers teh games Ubi make arent even in the same genre as what Ninty makes. SO why did Wii U owners NOT buy these games? Its not like there was an alternative.

Zombi U was the 3rd best selling game but still flopped, youre not making WIi U look good.

Scoobes said:
Not entirely unexpected even though they're the publisher that's supported Wii U the most. The games they've released obviously don't have the audience they expected on Wii U. That's not the fault of the Wii U owners but Ubisoft's for not reading the market correctly.

To be honest, it's not something that Nintendo have made particularly easy to do.

But had they not brought those games people would have complained that Ubi doesnt support Wii U. They cant win.

ninetailschris said:
naruball said:
SubiyaCryolite said:
JazzB1987 said:
well behaving like they did with Rayman Legends sure does not help. I mean what do they expect?

It takes a whole generation to gain trust you lost because of bad business practices and so far they dont even try they just say they try.

If the whole WiiU gen gets constant quality support then the next system might have the chance to be very profitable.

I mean do they think that delaying a finished game for half a year and cutting modes in other games etc will help the sceptical Nintendo fanbase to buy more Ubisoft games? Third party is dumber than I thought.

How many games did they release on the PS4 in 2013? How many games did they release on the Wii U in 2013? Excuses everywhere, everytime.

I have to agree. Excuses all the time. That's what bothers me. It's always third parties' fault. Never Ninty's or at least people admit that 3rd parties don't sell well because there is not a big enough audience for them in wiiu. I think most of the wiiu owners are hardcore ninty fans who bought the console for first party games and have little interest in other games. 

They bought 500,000 zombieU and sonic racing. If you create decent games, you get decent sales. This stereotype is just someone who narrowing looking at the facts without talking other things into factor.

but hey let's not question why people aren't buying a bad ports.

Agree with on point though that certain games don't sale well on nintendo system but only because the market that nintendo is in.

I have to disagree. There's only so many excuses one can make. We've seen tons of bad ports doing well in other consoles (wasn't bayonetta bad on ps3 and sold the best?), expensive ports (Mass Effect 2 doing well on ps3 despite being a late, expensive port AND the players having no save files to carry to the next game; this was a huge deal as it affected the story), mediocre games doing well etc.

ZombieU is not a big achievement, since it was heavily bundled much like Knack. I think in Europe where it wasn't bundled it did terrible (or the other way around). Point being, part of the reason ps3 got almost all multiplatform games (depsite not doing well at first) is that first party games don't do that well on sony consoles. Conversely, first paty games do extremely well on ninty consoles. IMO most of the people who bought wiiu, bought it for first party games and don't care much for "hardcore" games. By hardcore, I mean dudebro 18+ games or dark games. They seem to prefer more family orientated games. I honestly don't blame 3rd parties for not doing anything more. 

Anyway, my point is that not all the games that don't do well are bad in any way and even if they are bad and all the wiiu owners are smarter than everyone else, publishers have no reason to risk releasing their games on wiiu. Speaking of bugs, wasn't Skyrim full of them and unplayable for some people on ps3? Yet it sold extremely well. Not everyone follows forums and knows of the problems that a certain games has or knows that there is no dlc coming for the game and decides not to buy the game. I find such excuses ridiculous (especially the "no dlc" one). 

Around the Network
SubiyaCryolite said:
The denial. Its unbelievable, just unbelievable.

If this thread reduces itself to mere name-calling i'll lock it and start the bans.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:
SubiyaCryolite said:
The denial. Its unbelievable, just unbelievable.

If this thread reduces itself to mere name-calling i'll lock it and start the bans.

name calling? He didnt even point out anyone particular. Hell he just said denial, you cant call someone "denial"

naruball said:
ninetailschris said:
naruball said:
SubiyaCryolite said:
JazzB1987 said:
well behaving like they did with Rayman Legends sure does not help. I mean what do they expect?

It takes a whole generation to gain trust you lost because of bad business practices and so far they dont even try they just say they try.

If the whole WiiU gen gets constant quality support then the next system might have the chance to be very profitable.

I mean do they think that delaying a finished game for half a year and cutting modes in other games etc will help the sceptical Nintendo fanbase to buy more Ubisoft games? Third party is dumber than I thought.

How many games did they release on the PS4 in 2013? How many games did they release on the Wii U in 2013? Excuses everywhere, everytime.

I have to agree. Excuses all the time. That's what bothers me. It's always third parties' fault. Never Ninty's or at least people admit that 3rd parties don't sell well because there is not a big enough audience for them in wiiu. I think most of the wiiu owners are hardcore ninty fans who bought the console for first party games and have little interest in other games. 

They bought 500,000 zombieU and sonic racing. If you create decent games, you get decent sales. This stereotype is just someone who narrowing looking at the facts without talking other things into factor.

but hey let's not question why people aren't buying a bad ports.

Agree with on point though that certain games don't sale well on nintendo system but only because the market that nintendo is in.

I have to disagree. There's only so many excuses one can make. We've seen tons of bad ports doing well in other consoles (wasn't bayonetta bad on ps3 and sold the best?), expensive ports (Mass Effect 2 doing well on ps3 despite being a late, expensive port AND the players having no save files to carry to the next game; this was a huge deal as it affected the story), mediocre games doing well etc.

ZombieU is not a big achievement, since it was heavily bundled much like Knack. I think in Europe where it wasn't bundled it did terrible (or the other way around). Point being, part of the reason ps3 got almost all multiplatform games (depsite not doing well at first) is that first party games don't do that well on sony consoles. Conversely, first paty games do extremely well on ninty consoles. IMO most of the people who bought wiiu, bought it for first party games and don't care much for "hardcore" games. By hardcore, I mean dudebro 18+ games or dark games. They seem to prefer more family orientated games. I honestly don't blame 3rd parties for not doing anything more. 

Anyway, my point is that not all the games that don't do well are bad in any way and even if they are bad and all the wiiu owners are smarter than everyone else, publishers have no reason to risk releasing their games on wiiu. Speaking of bugs, wasn't Skyrim full of them and unplayable for some people on ps3? Yet it sold extremely well. Not everyone follows forums and knows of the problems that a certain games has or knows that there is no dlc coming for the game and decides not to buy the game. I find such excuses ridiculous (especially the "no dlc" one). 

"I have to disagree. There's only so many excuses one can make. We've seen tons of bad ports doing well in other consoles (wasn't bayonetta bad on ps3 and sold the best?), expensive ports (Mass Effect 2 doing well on ps3 despite being a late, expensive port AND the players having no save files to carry to the next game; this was a huge deal as it affected the story), mediocre games doing well etc."

Bad comparison because of time period release and multiple other reasons. Bayonetta was released in its 3rd year in the console. Second Sony fans (not saying all ) tend to buy broken games (skyrim). Third most of bayonetta sales came when the price dropped to $20 in the 4th year. Game did not live up Sega desires because of this. 

Mass effect released in 2012. That is 6 years on the market the (ps3). I believe it even came before the trilogy. 

You have use direct comparisons with games under the same conditions. If you ever did an experiment you know the method.

My point is not all third party sell bad only specific type.

"They seem to prefer more family orientated games."

I agree with this. No argument from me. Dudebro 18+ are not the market nintendo made for themselves therefor they don't sell as well.

"skyrim point"

Different market have different standards. Lot's of custumors who had bad experiences could determine to buy games from developers they trust. PC has environment similar to this. Some developers died because custumors lost faith in them. 

"Excuse me sir, I see you have a weapon. Why don't you put it down and let's settle this like gentlemen"  ~ max

JazzB1987 said:

If the whole WiiU gen gets constant quality support then the next system might have the chance to be very profitable. They should know that they will not really have good sales during the next 5 years because of the way they handle Nintendo systems.

the only thing for that would really impact any wii u owner with rayman would be a delay going multiplatform doesn't impact any of them and for ubi delaying the release so they can market all at once for a games that tends to sell low at first and drop in price relatively quick it allows them to maximise the sales at full price on a wider market all the while the wii u owners had what many consider the best version of the game.

it doesn't take a generation. what 3rd part dev sold better on the wii? ubi showed support to the wii and have games on the wii u. There just isn't a much of a base on the wii u now and those that are there are much more into nintendos first party at the moment.

chicken or the egg? if the wii u owners will as you say not buy the quality because of delays, games going multiplatform and the sins of other devs, what's the point, where is the ROI? if devs don't think they will get the sales they won't put the games there.

No. They expected the wii u to sell more and to make more sales on that increased user base.

naruball said:
SubiyaCryolite said:
JazzB1987 said:

So you're saying you wouldn't care at all if a great Ubisoft exclusive game got delayed for 7 months just so it could release simultaneously on the PS3 and XBOX360. After that they delayed a multiplat game just for your console.

Please don't be a hypocrite, if Ubisoft did this to PS3 or XBOX360 userbase they would've stormed Ubisoft's main office by now.