By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Fire dungeons!

favourite fire dungeon?

Fire temple OOT 7 21.21%

Dragon roost cavern WW 8 24.24%

Goron mines TP 5 15.15%

Earth temple SS 2 6.06%

Fire sanctuary SS 11 33.33%

Total:33

For me fire dungeons represent the incarnation of hell in the zelda universe filled with fiery demons and beasts  set to a volcanic backdrop. Link is only one mis-timed jump from being scorched by the flowing lava that hinders his progress.  What i like most about these dungeons is there atmosphere and the isolation and danger that i feel for link. IMO the fire dungeons are the most evil and demonic looking in any given zelda game and thats why i love them.

Bear in mind that i'm talking about the five 3d home console zelda games because i do not play the 2d or handheld games. Anyway just so you remember the five bosses in these dungeons are volvagia, gohma, fyrus, scaldera and ghirahim.

Around the Network

Stupid Link, not even wearing his goron tunic -_-

ktay95 said:

Stupid Link, not even wearing his goron tunic -_-

Great picture!

It's a tough call, but I'll have to go with Dragon Roost Cavern. Though I like them all, honestly.

Majin-Tenshinhan said:
It's a tough call, but I'll have to go with Dragon Roost Cavern. Though I like them all, honestly.

Your'e right it is a tough decision, i'll go with the fire sanctuary though.

Around the Network

Yup! Fire dungeons in Zelda are one of my favourites but if I really had to pick my favourite type of dungeons those are the Water Dungeons!

Not the one from Ocarina of Time mind you! The one from Majora's Mask and Twilight Princess where great!

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

I've always like the Goron's mines a lot. Love the usage of the iron boots to go on the ceiling and walls...although you go waaay too slow haha.

Nintendo and PC gamer

osed125 said:

I've always like the Goron's mines a lot. Love the usage of the iron boots to go on the ceiling and walls...although you go waaay too slow haha.

The concept of magnetic boots was good but yeah link moved too slow.

Anfebious said:
Yup! Fire dungeons in Zelda are one of my favourites but if I really had to pick my favourite type of dungeons those are the Water Dungeons!

Not the one from Ocarina of Time mind you! The one from Majora's Mask and Twilight Princess where great!

water dungeons are the most annoying apart from ancient cistern that is, i think that is the best water dungeon.

Tough call.

The Fire dungeons are indeed some of my favorites, always ranking as one of the top ones in each game. That said I think Wind Waker's Dragon Roost Cavern is the lesser of the fire dungeons, even if it's quite a good dungeon. It's a bit simple and has no mini-boss, but maybe I should excuse those since it's Wind Waker's first dungeon. To me though it comes down to Ocarina's Fire Temple, Twilight's Goron Mines and Skyward's Fire Sanctuary.

I thought the latter was was very clever, but it ruined it with one thing: the leap of faith at the end that was spoiled by a stone tablet at the beginning which would've been more fun to figure out yourself. Goron Mines is original because it's not truly a dungeon, has a small side-story inside and comes with a good set of puzzles. Sadly though it's boss is one of the weaker ones in the game.

Leaves the Fire Temple. I think this one is all-round the best one, has an awesome boss even if it's a bit on the easy side and is very consistent in it's theme and is cleverly designed around the imprisoned Gorons and the tall central pillar.