By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sales for PS3 - MLB 08: The Show

Sports games? Huh?

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Around the Network

........?

sonyNBA is better than 2k? You do not have any cred anymore.

zach, your taste in gaming is, as Bill Walton would say is, "HORRIBLE"

ROFL

it sickens me how horrible peoples taste in gaming is...

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

I thought baseball was Sony's last sports franchise? I know they don't do football anymore.

@weezy

Im talking gameplay, I enjoyed the NBA 08 demo much more than the 2k8 demo on the PSN.

Maybe your just a graphcis whore, like every other gamer thats into these NBA titles.

2008 end of year predictions:

PS3: 22M

360: 25M

wii: 40M

developers must purposely make shitty games knowing they can sell to ppl like some you.

ROFL.

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

Around the Network

@ weezy
agreed on Sony's other sports titles, but MLB the Show is WAY better than EA's MVP baseball ever was and 2k's games sucked. Also, this year's PS3 version will have In-game custom soundtracks, which definately won't hurt sales. I'm saying 300-400k on PS3 and 1.1 million across all three consoles.

Not trying to be a fanboy. Of course, it's hard when you own the best console eve... dang it