By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sales for PS3 - MLB 08: The Show

kingofwale said:
>100k? Why less than last year with a bigger fanbase?

because it has to compete with Crisis Core and God of War in the SAME month, that's hard for any game to make up.

Don't get me wrong, I will buy it, I am just not sure anybody else will fork over 150 bucks in 1 month on PSP alone.

Ive played and I have like 4 friends who own 07 version and it was considred lack luster. so It could sell less.

but this year's version could acually be a great game.

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

Around the Network
zackblue said:
weezy said:
a million combined all versions..that is if ther is a ps2 version..

I dont expect anything good out of a sony made sports game..as usual.

Maybe they step it up this year? hardly..

Hardly? You do know that MLB playstation series is the best baseball series you can buy on any console.

your on crack dude. 2k series shits on sonymlb as history has showed..

Sales wise and better game wise. LOL

MynameisGARY

xenophon13 said:
Last years was amazing weezy...I know their other sports games have all sucked but they got it right with MLB the Show and yeah i have never heard of MLB Power Proes

It's the first game of the series to come from America. It's part of a Japanese series that's been so good it's been around since the Super Nintendo.

Only real downsides are the graphics and the fact it only came out on PS2 and Wii.  The graphics will turn a lot of people off because they don't look like real people.

It does a lot including adding "skills" and RPG like things that better flesh out characters then just the basic "clutch" skill does.

Skills that do things like give some players who are impatient a bonus to hit the first pitch, skills that let pitchers pitch better in later innings, skills that make pitchers better when runners are on base instead of worse (perfect for those closers who consistantly get the job done but make you worry before they do it.)

It really lets each player play more like they really do... the skill system is something i'd love to see in other sports games.

It's also got way more stats than you can shake a stick at after each game, so you can see where each pitch was thrown, what pitchs were thorwn (and where) tendencies... all sorts of stuff.

weezy said:
zackblue said:
weezy said:

Hardly? You do know that MLB playstation series is the best baseball series you can buy on any console.

MLB 07 was an improvement, and I expect MLB 08( which I have played) to be better than most baseball games out there.

2008 end of year predictions:

PS3: 22M

360: 25M

wii: 40M

MLB Power Pros sounds interesting, I'll have to check it out! Yeah i played 2k and the Show and I enjoyed the show more, mainly because of the road to the show part

Around the Network

I think it will sell a combined (PSP, PS2, and PS3) 1 million in its first week.

zeitgeistmovie.com

PS3 Trophies

weezy said:
zackblue said:
weezy said:

No, I call bull on this one. Sales wise, maybe, but The Show is just far more superior as far as gameplay mechanics. It's the king of all baseball sims to date, nuff said.

zeitgeistmovie.com

PS3 Trophies

weezy said:
zackblue said:
weezy said:

Maybe if we cover up that sony symbol you will start to like it more? :P

aj your offically another paranoid ps3 fan lol

Im really hard on ps3 because sony hyped it up and havnt delivered so far.
If you are a vet on this board you know I will buy ps3 in 09.
But as of right now ps3 is a turn off compared to the 360 and Wii

MLB for playstation was never a good game. last years was the first to shed light in "OKism" Maybe this years version will be great who knows but I doubt it.
Anyone who doesnt know Sony's sports games are a distant third compared to 2K and EA have horrible taste in gaming.. MLB07 like I said, is lacluster

MynameisGARY

Weezy

Maybe its just you that hate on it because it wasnt so great the first couple of tries.

NBA 08 has better gameplay than 2K8, and LIVE 08. The game just got thrown down because of graphics. MLB 08 best graphics ever for a sports title, and amazing gameplay. Its the best baseball demo I have ever played on consoles.

2008 end of year predictions:

PS3: 22M

360: 25M

wii: 40M