By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - When we will get vg$ from the prediction league?

Well, I hate to sound like a little child, but...

WAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Where are the Others numbers, and the rest of the League?

*Cries*

Around the Network
ioi said:
Yeah, none of your predictions were very good Or you were bad at betting money on the ones that would be good.

73.67/75.29 X 500 = 489
88.21/96.46 x 425 = 388

Your accuracy is then divided by the average accuracy for that prediction, in this case say 50% (100,000 as the average prediction) to give (87.5/50) then multiplied by your original bet. So if you bet vg$10 on this prediction, you would win 10 x (87.5/50) = vg$17.50 (a net profit of vg$7.50 against the original bet). This is repeated across all your bets and totalled up.

489 + 388 = 877 AT LEAST ignoring my other bets.

Apparently your math skills are off when you input functions.

kamil said:

Looks like something is wrong. I got second best prediction with 72.80% accuracy. Yet I've earned only 259.90$ for 300$ bet. So I have lost 40 bucks.

The guy that won prediction (jorgeol with accuracy 78.16%) also 13 bucks.

PS. What formula will be used when average accuracy is 0? It happened to WiiPlay.

kamil 's got a good point: what about the Wii Play prediction? The global accuracy was 0%, but if in your formula, you divide each gamer's accuracy by 0, everyone will then have 0 because most of the people were wrong?

Cos if i understand that system, if i have a 90% accuracy when the global one is let's say 10, the formula is (90/10) x my bet: is that correct? How does it work with Wii Play in that first game, then?

"A beautiful drawing in 480i will stay beautiful forever...

and an ugly drawing in 1080p will stay ugly forever..."

Oh I see... so do we only get a profit if our predictions are higher than the average of all peoples predictions?

I'm not saying I should be getting back a shitload of vg$, I'm saying it's WRONG and I should've got back more than I did, as should a lot of people.

Around the Network
TWRoO said:
Oh I see... so do we only get a profit if our predictions are higher than the average of all peoples predictions?

Yes, i think that's the trick...

The bad thing is, if by an incredible chance (or misfortune), the average prediction is 100% (nearly the case here with the PS3 and a global 96% accuracy), you'll loose your money anyway, even if your prediction was higher than 90%...

Is it me, or is it a little bit unfair? Loose a bet when you're 90% or 95% correct? And in another case, win with a 30% accuracy, if the global one is 0%? It's a really, really strange system... not really rewarding, imho...

Umm... WTF? I was spot on on my Devil May Cry (on both platforms)

I thought as long as that you were within fifty percent, you were okay?

Can someone explained how you make money? I'm rather confused by the faq page.

( (Your accuracy on the bet / Average accuracy of everyone) X bet)

So look at my data and you'll see how it SHOULD work, even though it's currently wrong right now.

DMeisterJ said:
Umm... WTF? I was spot on on my Devil May Cry (on both platforms)

I thought as long as that you were within fifty percent, you were okay?

Can someone explained how you make money? I'm rather confused by the faq page.

I was thinking just the same a few hours ago: more than 50%, it's ok... but it's not how it works, it all depends on the global accuracy...

For example, the PS3 had a 96% global accuracy... some people could be way too high, some people could be way too low, and some people very close... in the end, nearly everyone will loose some money on that bet, not only the ones way too high or way too low, but also the ones who had by example 80 or 90 %... something's wrong here... 

So you only make money if you're aove average in predicting a certain thing? That's so unfair. So it's not predicting over fifty percent, it's predicting over the average. Whether the average is ten percent or ninety eight percent? That's wack. So in actuality I lost money? If I had known it was over the users accuracy, I would have bet totally different I would have bet much higher on SSBB because I knew people were betting it higher. And I would have put tons less money on it... Well it'd be nice if ioi at least let the first time be the way it is in the faq, then change it up for the second time. To be fair to the change in rules.