By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Thinking of buying my first Castlevania game; so what d'yall recommend?

The new one on the PSP is good, Castlevania Auria of Sarrow is good, and Castlevania 4 on the SNES is GREAT!

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network

SOTN, though I heard the new one on the PSP is also great.

Go with a DS one.. they are just as good or better than the PS one

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

My personal favourite is Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse for the NES, but you can't go wrong with Simphony either, hell even with any of the ones on GBA or DS. but if i were oyu i should stay away from 3D castlevania, some are not bad... but they are not Castlevania in my mind :P 

-- Live only for tomorrow, and you will have a lot of empty yesterdays today--

Tavin:  "Old school megaman is THE BEST megaman"      courtesy of fkusumot :)

My mind has changed. My strength has not.    Kamahl, Fist of Krosa

If you want the best game, I would recommend Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow for the DS. But since the music is so important to you, go for the second best which is Castlevania: Symphony of the Night.

Around the Network

Anything but Castlevania 2: Simon's Quest. Just ask the Angry Video Game Nerd how bad it is.

Castlevania 3 was on NES. :)

SOTN or Simon's Quest.

We'll miss you George.

PSN:Puzzleface

XBL:XpuzzlefaceX

My friends call me Hadoken because I'm down-right fierce

Fans of the series usually consider the best to be Castlevania III on NES, Super Castlevania IV on the SNES, SotN on PS1/XBLA/PSN, Circle of the Moon on GBA, and Dawn of Sorrow on the DS. I'd play them in that order, perhaps playing Aria of Sorrow before Dawn as well.

Avoid any of the 3D games. They're mostly junk.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

I can't stress this enough, play Simon's Quest.

We'll miss you George.

PSN:Puzzleface

XBL:XpuzzlefaceX

My friends call me Hadoken because I'm down-right fierce

Domo-Kun said:
Castlevania 3 was on NES. :)

Of course it was !!!    i put an S where it shouldn't go  :D   already fixed :D   Thanks !!

-- Live only for tomorrow, and you will have a lot of empty yesterdays today--

Tavin:  "Old school megaman is THE BEST megaman"      courtesy of fkusumot :)

My mind has changed. My strength has not.    Kamahl, Fist of Krosa