By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4/XB1 instock at Best Buy

I was in Best Buy this morning and they had these signs at the front door.  They also had them back in the Video games area.  The worker said that they have had PS4's instock all week.  I asked about the XB1 and he said that they have "always had" the XB1 since Christmas.  I guess when putting these signs out, the person kind of knew the order of things...

It is near the end of the end....

Around the Network

I've noticed that too about PS4's being in stock at all retailers starting only this last week. I think that the next week's numbers will get for PS4 on here will be the last week where people who were waiting around to get one will be represented, and we'll see what the week-to-week demand is going forward.

Ps4 on top of x1 nice touch.

ya been seeing more of this. Looks like demand and supply are finally settling to acceptable levels. Amazing that PS4 lasted this long before stabilizing.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Thanks Sony to finally supply the channel more constantly... if you did that in December then the result could be other.

Holding 150k per week until Japan launch will be amazing.

Around the Network

They both have been for about a month here at my local GS.

ethomaz said:

Thanks Sony to finally supply the channel more constantly... if you did that in December then the result could be other.

You were wrong when you said sales would be higher once the supply as cach up to demand at the end of january for the ps4, make a crow eating thread now, thk you

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

chapset said:

You were wrong when you said sales would be higher once the supply as cach up to demand at the end of january for the ps4, make a crow eating thread now, thk you

How am wrong? no data for end of january.

I think next data will be bigger than this week... and the future adjustments will make PS4 numbers better... plus NPD will show a ratio over 1.5:1.

Yeah, these fabled numbers that were supposedly hitting us these last two weeks have been a no-show, I think what we're seeing is more or less demand level at this point, which is still pretty good.
People were so hung up on Amazon being sold out all the time, when the truth is that most companies still put retailers higher up on shipment priority, part of the magic is being able to put the machines on display with actual games, getting a feel for controllers, sound, visuals and content, none of this can be experienced online, watching videos on youtube hardly equals the actual experience.

PS4 had a terrific launch and is still doing great, expecting 200-250k weeks in Q1 was always a bit unrealistic. With Japan launch, these numbers will appear more than once though, but as a baseline, it was always a bit far out this time of year.

chapset said:
ethomaz said:

LOL, no doubt. I respect ethomaz's position but he always extrapolates Sony successes one or two levels beyond what is warranted.