By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sega in take-over danger?!

brute said:
if sega does get over taken i think it will be by EA

This is the most logical of all the responses.  EA always seems to be looking to buy companies
 and say what you want about their games, they usually sell.  Get the EA name, hire some people that know what they are doing and has some fresh ideas (sonic was a game based on 2d and hasn't transitioned well) to get Sonic to make a splash in a 3d world like zelda and mario did.  Then let EA buy off G4 and Game Pro or something to give good reviews, hype it up and it could sell.

Around the Network

If Sega/Sammy was bought, it's most likely that Microsoft would do it. They need Sega's portfolio more than Nintendo or Sony. That's pretty much why the X Box is still around: endless pocketbook and buying companies.

Sony could use Sega, but I don't see this one happening.

Nintendo probably needs Sega the least, but would most likely have more success with many of the Sega franchises.

Of course I'd rather see Nintendo buy Sega, but one thing about that troubles me: we would probably never see another Shenmue game. We may never see another Shenmue as it is, but still...

"I feel like I could take on the whole Empire myself."

I hope Microsoft is considering buying them (doubtful but who knows) simply because of the great IPs they're sitting on.