By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is Killzone 2 destined for failure :-(

Hmm I never had a single problem with CoD4 on 360 since it was released, I wonder why all you PS3 owners are complaining? ;)

And to say you pick up a FPS for the single player is a lie, you want a cool story you can have fun with, after that you want to murder your friends online, KZ1 didn't deliver on either side what makes everyone say KZ2 any different, other then how pretty it is, cause that's all I've heard from everyone...

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network
Munkeh111 said:
Is it destined for failure:
on this sites scores: yes
on the comments by this site: yes
public opinion (on this site): yes
in reviewers eyes: no
in the general PS3 owning public: no

God Damn thats the best post i have ever read on here!!!!

I personally don't have high hopes for KZ2. The first one was mediocre, and Guerilla's track record consists of KZ1, Shellshock Nam '67, and KZ:L. Their best game was a KZ:L, and it wasn't an FPS. I dunno, aside from amazing graphics, I see little in the track record of the developer to think this game will amaze. And despite the millions thrown at the project, you can't buy quality. Games like Lair have already proven that.

Magnific0 said:
Dianko said:
I personally don't have high hopes for KZ2. The first one was mediocre, and Guerilla's track record consists of KZ1, Shellshock Nam '67, and KZ:L. Their best game was a KZ:L, and it wasn't an FPS. I dunno, aside from amazing graphics, I see little in the track record of the developer to think this game will amaze. And despite the millions thrown at the project, you can't buy quality. Games like Lair have already proven that.

I suggest you look into Bungie's record (FPS, not MYTH series) before Halo, that should give you a clue. Would you have expected a FPS masterpiece from Bungie with only "Marathon" as their prior FPS game? I think not.

And coming right off of Oni for the ps2?

The same can be said for Ensemble Studios and Rockstar.  The first Age of Empires and GTAI/II/1969 were far from stellar achievements. 

Around the Network
Magnific0 said:
Dianko said:

I suggest you look into Bungie's record (FPS, not MYTH series) before Halo, that should give you a clue. Would you have expected a FPS masterpiece from Bungie with only "Marathon" as their prior FPS game? I think not.

I haven't played Marathon so I can't really say for myself, but wasn't it regarded as a very good game for its time? Whereas both Killzone 1 and especialy Nam '67 (both of which I have played) sucked. I'm speaking from my own experience in regards to my expectations. When I first played Halo at a EB Games demo kiosk, I was blown away. When I brought home Killzone on day 1, I was underwhelmed (though the "Halo-killer" hype, which was not Guerilla's fault, had a lot to do with it). I would love to be proven wrong though.

Umm, the visuals for KZ2 are already fantastic. The trailers showed actual game-play, not CGI, including some marvelous shadowing and texture work, and the gameplay will only get better.

I'm more worried about the storyline and characters. All the rocket launchers in the world won't save a junky storyline from itself. Give us a compelling reason to care about Sev, and I'm sold.

Yes CoD4 is getting better, i no longer have to look at a screen saying Down loading game settings for 30mins each time i start the game up, and yes the Host ending game seems to happen at a far lower rate. But the lag and crazy hit detection is still going on. But i also played the game alot during the first month it was out and there were alot fewer people online and the game ran 10x better.

@Maxwell, maybe you cannot notice all the problems with the game, like the crazy lag and bad hit detection, as there are many complaints made by the 360 community about these problems, and Halo3 lags aswell, but i guess you never noticed that aswell.

anyone with a brain some common sense and a little bit logic should be able to look at K1 then K liberation reviews and make a smart guess on K2 reviews.

8s to low 9s

a low 9 from ign is almost a sure thing.

the fanboys on here will be put in their place once K2 hits and reality slaps them in the face the game is great then finally they will stfu.